Qualifiers

"Sadie Brando! Sadie - what's it like to be one of the few women to ever qualify for formula one?" A man with a microphone asks me. He doesn't even seem to care I'm running away from him. I can't blame him - he wants money.

My two bodyguards Jack and Sean have made practically a wall around me. Protecting me from the ambush of the paparazzi. I didn't realise I would gain this much attention from qualifying. Flashing of cameras blind me as I leave the doors of Bahrain's international circuit. Along with other famous, reappearing members of formula one, I begin to leg it away from the cameras along with Jack and Sean behind me. Turning my head to face the bodyguards to make sure they're still behind me, I bump into something hard. Losing balance, I fall to the floor.

"Oh my, are you okay Brando. My apologies.", I hear a laughing French accent call out from above. I look up and see a tanned arm stretched down towards me. I follow this persons arm till I see the face.

Leclerc, ugh.

Out of pettiness I slap his arm away and stumble to my feet and turn around to face him like he hadn't just accidentally or purposely - you never know with him- pushed me over. Definitely going to be slammed by the media for that one. His arm came back to rest by his side and his other holding his helmet.

"Good race, don't you think Brando. U almost had me." He breaks out into a chuckle. I was less than impressed. He knew that beating me and then throwing it back in my face would annoy the shit out of me. I've met him a few times now, every time he's been the exact same. Intimidating, yes. Annoying, yes. Hot, maybe... But the bottom line is he's a shit stirrer that puts on an act so he can continue to be the "formula 1 heartthrob". Don't think i haven't seen those posts on Tik tok, believe me, I have.

I roll my eyes not giving him the time of day, pushing right past him. I stroll up to my black Bentley SUV. Apparently I'm not allowed to drive it whilst being escorted by Jack and Sean - it's not 'ladylike'. Typical. I open the back left car door and jump in closing the door, not before hearing the "good luck next week" by Leclerc. I stuck my middle finger up in front of the windows. Thank god their blacked out or I definitely would be scolded by the media. Jack gets into the drivers seat whilst Sean in the passengers. Jack opens his mouth to say something before getting the look by Sean not too. He could tell I was in a bad mood. So he quickly closed it and sped off down the highway to the '4 seasons' hotel.

I came 4th out of 20 drivers. To my parents it's 'good enough'. To me it's not. Charles like the 'saint' he is took first. But when it comes to racing day next week, I will beat him. I will show that cute little face of his that he isn't gods gift.