Another Sleepless Night

There's a pounding on the door that refuses to quit.

My eyes open to see the pitch black around me. I glance over at the clock and see the unholy early hour. Twelve o clock exactly. I've maybe slept for for an hour.

The loud pounding happens again and I groan then roll off my bed, kicking my sheets off of my feet as I get up.

Someone was beating the living crap out of the door now and I scowl as I walk over to it.

"Kit Kat if that's you than I swear-" I start as I open the door but it's definitely not Katniss.

A Capitol guard stands there with three others behind him.

"President Snow wants an audience." The man said.

I frown "He really does pick the best times doesn't he?"

"This is not a request" The man said.

I lean against the doorway and arch an eyebrow "I keep forgetting Snow doesn't have any friends and needs to drag me out of bed at all unholy hours of the night so he can feel better about himself."

They are quiet.

Dumb and useless drones.

I scoff and turn "Let me get changed."

A few minutes later I'm being escorted into a car by four guards all with their guns aimed at me like I'm going to kill them if they don't. I don't know, I might've if I wasn't so tired.

Peeta had kept me up to talk about strategy to maybe get the people to cancel the games but I had just listened mindlessly to his words. They aren't going to cancel the games. The victors are getting too out of hand and unruly.

I get into the car and stare at the vehicles as we drive by.

What a bunch of fancy losers.

The car reaches a secluded mansion with a grand gate around it.

After a minute the gates opened and we drove up the fancy drive way, past the shrubbery that had been cut into shapes, and around the statues and water fountains.

The car parked and I didn't even have enough time to open the door before it was opened for me.

I frown at the man who opened the door but ignored him as we started walking up the marble steps to the mansion.

The doors were opened for me as I was led down a grand hall and into a dining room where food had been placed onto the table.

Snow was sitting in a seat and the only other seat was beside him.

He looked up and smiled at me "My dear boy, come and sit down"

I didn't move until the guards jabbed the gun into my back.

I snarl at the guard who froze and Snow chuckled.

"Men, you can leave. Cedric and I are just going to have a little chat." Snow said.

I eyes the guards as they left before Snow said "Now come and sit, I don't bite."

"No but I do and I haven't gotten my rabies shot in a while" I reply snarkily.

"I don't mind" Snow said.

I was sure he wouldn't give this up so I walked over and grabbed the chair before very loudly dragging it farther away from his chair.