When It Happens It Happens Fast

Teaching Katniss how to dance was like teaching a tree how to walk. Though I'm pretty sure the tree would have more luck at this.

Katniss stepped on my foot again and I surpressed another annoyed groan.

Katniss looked up to see my stiff face and frowned "Don't give me that look, I'm trying."

"How hard?" I grunt.

She sighed and released my hands to step back and run her hands over her face.

"How am I supposed to learn to waltz? Why do I even need to know that?" She asked.

"Because" I say with as much patience as I could muster "The Capitol will be expecting you and Peeta to do a wedding dance"

She groaned and stepped away from me when I offered my hand to try again.

"I need a break" She said as she turned and walked out of the room.

"Please, take another half hour break" I mutter. "I don't have better things to do or anything."

I turn to look at Peeta.

"I could always practice" Peeta said.

I grumble as I walk to the door.

"It's not you who need practicing." I walk out of the room, eager for fresh air.

"How's she doing?" Haymitch asks as he walked up to the me.

"I've seen dung beetles dance better" I grumble.

"Yes but dung beetles have ambition." Haymitch replied.

"Exactly!" I bark as I sulk past him.

I go to the front door and grab my jacket.

"Where are you going?" Effie asks as she walks down the stairs.

"Oh for Pete's sake! Why does everyone question what I do in this house!" I exclaim as I stomp out and slam the door behind me.

I huff and my breath fogs in front of me. It was stressful in this house. No one questioned what I did in my district. Why did everyone else have to be so annoying? My district could follow orders without a word. If I told them to learn to dance then they would dance. It's not that hard!

I throw my head back and squeeze my eyes closed.

I need to tell Katniss that she was going to be put back into the Hunger Games.

Peeta needs to know too.

I groan and rub my neck as I walk blindly into the town. I walk the deserted streets and when a guard notices me it takes one look for them to back off.

I'm assuming the rumor about the scene at my district has spread through the guards and they all know what I'll do to them if they test me.

Speaking of such things I haven't checked in with Xander and Kell in a while. I should probably call them.

The day turns into night and I hear people's tvs turn on for the announcement of Snow.

I stop at the window of someone's house and peer in through the shattered glass to see Katniss and Peeta kissing before Snow's face shows up.

I sigh then walk past the house, ignoring what I already know. It's too late to tell Katniss now. Snow is already broadcasting it to the world and in a matter of seconds everyone will know and the victors will start protesting or something.

I wander off then hear gasps from houses. I stop and turn to see that I've looped back around to Katniss's house.

I hear a muffled scream before sobs.

Katniss wasn't taking this well.

I hear a loud shattering from Peeta's house.

Apparently neither was Peeta.

I weigh my options. Go back to my District or go back in the house? Maybe dissappear into the woods?

Going back in to the games would be a pain and take even longer to kill Snow.

An idea pops into my head. A plan starts to form and I feel adrenaline course through my veins. This would be good.

The games didn't seem like such a bad idea suddenly.

Katniss would hate me. Peeta would hate me. This could go horribly wrong!

But it could work.

I hear Katniss scream of anger while Haymitch's voice joins hers.

A smile grew on my face. I closed my eyes as finally I have a plan.

~~~~

District 14 was gathered around the stage as Axir and I stood quietly.

Expressions af anger and annoyance was plastered on my men's faces. They were annoyed of this inconvenience. The games? Again? We had bigger fish to fry! Everyone already knew District 14 was the best district at fighting.

Darla looked miserable as she reached into the bowl and pulled out a piece of paper.

"Cedric Mintz" She announced.

My men were quiet before Kell started to slowly clap. Everyone started to clap in synch in an eerie rhythm.

"Kill them!" Eric yelled into the air.

"Cut their throats out!" "I want blood!"

Threats were yelled up before my men started to laugh and get more rowdy.

They got closer to the stage and Darla had fear in her eyes.

I keep my hands behind my back and look at all of the boys. The guards were failing miserably at controlling them.

"Stop them!" Darla exclaimed as she scurried back.

I look directly into the cameras and slowly look back at the boys.

I nod at them and there was instant quiet.

I look into the camera.

"I'll meet you on the battlefield. Bring the best you got." I say before turning and heading out.

Xander meets me during my walk to the train.

"What happens if the boys get out of control and you don't come back?" Xander asked.

I look them in the eyes.

"Xander, you and Eric are the only other ones with alterations. You are stronger than any of the boys here." I jut my chin into the direction of Eric and his group as they sulk away into the warehouses. "Keep Eric in sight. He's been edging away from me ever since I won the games the first time." I climb into the train but turn back to him. "You and Kell are in charge until I get back." I give him a hard look. "I promise you I will be back even if it seems like I won't."

Xander swallowed hard then nodded bravery rising in his chest.

I nod back at him and get into the train, Axir quick to follow me.

"I should have been picked" Axir grumbled.

I snorted "And ruin my plan? I think not."

"What is your plan?" He asks.

I level my eyes on him.

"Same as it always has been." I look out the window "Kill Snow."