The Emergence

There was no talking to anyone. After the interview I had been locked in my room. I was escorted by six men into my room straight after. Human contact was a no for me and I was happy about it. My room was guarded and for once I had a good sleep.

When I got back from the interview I pulled the cape off, tossed the suit to the floor, and fell on my bed. I closed my eyes and I fell into heavy sleep. For the last two weeks it had been bombarded my Katniss's emotional break downs, ruined by Peeta's insecurities, interrupted by Snow's ridiculous offers and late night dinners, barged in on by Quell's fashion sense, and the all night training I do for myself and Patrick when he has the time!

At last, I got a decent sleep.

With everyone hating me now, I got a full night's sleep and a half a day.

When I finally did wake up, I didn't move. I stayed there in my soft, fluffy, warm bed. I stared at the wall and let my mind blank.

I was calmed. I was peaceful.

I was being interrupted by the door opening.

"Well look at you wrinkling my awesome suit!" Quell's voice exclaimed.

I let out a heavy sigh and buried my face into the blankets.

"It's Hunger Games day and you really ticked the Capitol off last evening so now they're gonna try to kill you during the games! Like, a lot!" Quell laughed "Whoo boy! You are my favorite client and you sure do keep things interesting!"

I roll over and glare at the ceiling.

"What are you doing here Quell?" I grunt.

"I'm supposed to be getting the prisoner-I mean, the wonderful victor of District 14, ready. So, chop chop, we haven't got all day! You've got people to kill!"

Quell tried his best to drag me out of the bed but only after a promise of strawberries did I finally get out.

Quell gave me light weighted outfits and he eyes it "If I know anything about clothes than this outfit is is going to be made for running and staying cool. I'm guessing it's not going to be anything snowy which is nice."

"Oh yeah, it's wonderful! Basically luxury." I shoot back.

He snorted and smirked at me.

"Oh, and your one and only ally, Patrick Windo, I got to cut his hair last night after the interview so now he doesn't have it all in his face! You're welcome by the way!"

When I'm finally finished I walk out of the room and see Darla and Axir.

Darla crosses over, tears in her eyes, and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry you're going back in." She said through a shuddering breath.

"He'll be fine." Axir said as he wrapped me in a hug after Darla let go. "You better be at least or I'm gonna kick your butt!" He said into my ear.

"The motivation is overwhelming" I snort.

Darla smiled "Even if the whole Capitol hates you at least there is one thing they can't deny!"

"And what's that?" I ask

She lifted a device and showed me the ranking of the other victors.

"You're totally the hottest dude there and everyone knows it!" Quell laughed.

Axir scoffed "Why of course! He is from District 14 and they breed hotness."

"Since when has that ever been the main thing about our district?" I scoff through a laugh.