Two Face

Bang!

Katniss was screaming so loudly my eardrums were going to burst.

"Katniss!" I yell at her as I grab her struggling body and pull her back into the building with Peeta helping me. "Calm down!" I snarl.

A mixture of tears and snot was smearing all over my suit as I had to carry her struggling body away.

She had said her speech about how much she missed Rue and said how young she was. This made the crowd salute her in the three finger sign which apparently is illegal now because the guards grabbed the old man who started it and shot him in front of us. 

I could feel Katniss's heart as she screamed and kicked.

Once we were in the building Haymitch helped me pull her away and he basically dragged her upstairs.

"Calm down!" Haymitch yelled at her.

"I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt!" She cried.

"You need to get yourself together!" Haymitch snapped as he glared at us. "All of you!"

"How do I stop them from getting hurt? Haymitch tell me." Katniss said between sobs.

"You wanna know how to keep them safe?" Haymitch asked. "You three need to do what the Capitol says. If you act out you don't get hurt but if they act out following your footsteps then they get hurt!"

"So how do we stop that?" Peeta asks.

I cross my arms and lean against the wall. "By not acting out." I say.

Haymitch nods at me "Yes, that means reading the cards Effie or Darla gives you, dressing how you're supposed to dress and not acting like yourselves."

I nod "Easy to do when you've been doing it your whole life."

Haymitch looks at me. "Snow likes how you act in front of the cameras. So Katniss, you follow after him."

I scowl but don't say anything.

"Okay?" Haymitch asks Katniss.

She nods and he nods back at her before hugging her.

Peeta catches my eyeroll before I turn away.

"Where are you going?" Peeta asks.

I look back at him. "To the train, we're probably not going to stay here very long."

I walk down the stairs and see Effie and Darla sighing and talking in quiet voices.

Axir was talking with them so no one noticed me slip by.

I walked out of the building, hands in pockets as I make my way to the side of the building where the two guards who shot the old man dropped the body and were laughing to themselves.

When they saw me they stopped laughing and said "Shouldn't you be back in your carriage?"

"You're new so I'll cut you some slack." I start before flashing in front of them and slamming them both against the wall hard. They gasp and stare into my cold murderous eyes. I slowly open my mouth and say "Kill anyone in front of me again and I'll bury you with their body-" I pause "Alive. " I hiss at them before letting them go and turning to walk away.

They reach for their guns but I have them in my hand. I toss them to the side and sulk away.

~~~~~~~~~

We stopped at a lot of districts and read off the cards. Katniss was having a hard time of course but Peeta and I came up with a good system. Peeta would talk, then Katniss would say a few words before the crowd tried to salute her and the guards had to intervene. She would pause but that's when I continued on the rest of the speech.