Show Off A Little

"Eric's group has gotten bigger since you've left" Xander said through the phone. "Also, we've made the district into a fortress and are putting up walls like you said. Cedric, some of the men don't think you'll make it back."

I pull my shoe on and walk to the bedroom door.

"As long as you're doing my plans I don't care what the men think." I say "If Eric is going to try to take over than you need to humble him. If it comes down to it than maybe handle it the good old fashion way."

Xander was quiet. "But I don't want to have infighting" He grumbled.

"Get Kell to do it." I reply "He's always eager to rip someone's throat out."

My bedroom door opened and Axir motioned me over.

"I'm going, good luck." I say before hanginhg up and tossing the phone onto the desk.

I walked past Axir who followed after me.

"Finally, some training can be done!" I exclaim.

Axir sprinted to catch up.

"Maybe try to get allies this time?" Axir suggested.

I snort "And than what? Kill them at the end? No thanks. Allies are pointless!"

"Even Peeta and Katniss?" Axir asked.

I put my hands in my pockets and sighed "Especially them. I'm going to distance myself from them as much as possible."

"Why? Everyone already knows you three already have a mutual agreement not to kill each other." Axir says "Might as well team up."

"A mutual agreement is all its ever going to be." I respond "The last thing they need is everyone thinking I'm chummy with them. All of the people who want to be my ally will be there enemies when I refuse them and they think I team up with Katniss and Peeta. The best approach to this is to be seen as enemies to each other. I've already told Katniss and Peeta about it"

I reach the training room doors and lush them open harshly.

The doors slam against the walls and the training room goes quiet as everyone turns to me.

"Better to be the bigger target rather than them." I mutter to Axir before saying loudly "Listen up! All of you who have asked for an alliance, while I am flattered, I whole heartedly refuse seeing as I will be too busy trying to keep your blood from getting on my boots." they are all silent and I cross my arms and smirk "Having said that I will only be accepting one person as my partner but they have to have the skills that I require for battle."

New hope lightened in the room but I turn to look at Axir.

"I want full files on all of them" I say quietly before I suddenly turn and catch a knife that was being thrown at my head. In the same movement I throw the knife back and it lands in the wall beside a girl's head.

She slightly gasps before her eyes turn back to me.

A malicious smile grew on her face "Had to see if you were as good as they say."

I cross the room and walk up to her.

"Oh I am," I say dangerously "Even more so than they say. And you," I reach out and pull the knife out of the wall "Have just been disqualified from my ranking."

Her eyes widen before she glares at me.

I turn and walk away again.

Katniss approaches me and says quietly "What was that?"

Ugh, she's ruining the plan! Why couldn't she just stick to the plan? It's that easy! Hate each other, it's not that hard.

I give her a look "Step back and stay away. I'm not sharing a victory this time so I suggest you train as hard as you can because I'm not being merciful this time."

She looks surprised and scowls before stepping back.

"Right back at you wolf boy." She growls.

Well, at least she sort of caught on.

I walk to the hologram training and grab a pole. I walk in and spin it around a few times.

Flashback

"Unfortunately Kit Kat you need allies" I say as I lean back in my chair. "You and Peeta are good but these are trained fighters who had the strength to not share a victory."

Katniss frowned at me "So what do you suggest I do?"

I cross my arms "Show off. Just a little of course. Take the approach of making it look like you're just training but make it flashy. You want everyone to see how desirable your skills are and how useful you can be. Let them flock to you." I shrug "I'll be doing the same thing but I'm only picking one ally."

"And it can't be us, right" Peeta scoffs.

I raise an eyebrow at him "Do you want to be the number one prey?"

Peeta frowned and stood up "But maybe we would be feared if we have you on our team! That could be good!"

I lean my head back and sigh at the ceiling. "Fear doesn't flow well with these people. If anything, the people they want to hunt will be all bunched up in one group and they could easily ambush them!" I hols my hands out "And guess who the prey group will be?"

"Us" Katniss sighs.

I nod "Bingo. So show up, flaunt your skills, and get allies that won't kill you immediately. I'll give you a nod of who will."

Current time

I glance at Katniss who is watching me. I nod over at a man who was stabbing a hologram repeatedly.

She gives just a slight nod back before turning away to the old woman she's talking to.

I look back at the man who finished up with the hologram and was exiting the training ground.

"Impressed?" The man smirked proudly.

"It's cute" I respond before clicking the hardest level and entering with my pole that I spin.

The door closes behind me and I check where the hologram machines are.

There's a loud beep and holograms come at me from every angle.

I stab my pole into the ground then jump up and use the pole as support as I kick the holograms with both of my feet.

I stab and swing the pole around while fighting.

Two come at me from different angles with weapons and I run to the wall and kick off of it to back flip over the two before I sweep my legs under them and stab them in the throat.

This continues for five minutes before I finish, completely untouched.

I walk out of the training room and past the crowd.

"Is that all?" A girl asks snarkily.

I walk to the door and smile at her evily.

"All that you can handle, doll." I respond before the door closes behind me.