Chapter 27: Their first date

[Eleanor]

I woke up feeling warm and so comfortable. I didn't open my eyes and just enjoyed the moments of peace. My head was on a hard surface that was going up and down slowly and a heavy thing was around my body, pressing me to the source of warmth.

My eyes fluttered open and the haze in my mind slowly faded away. Then the realization of where I was and what was going on downed on me, stretching my lips in a soft lazy smile. Heat rose to my face and I bit my lip. Butterflies erupted in my belly. 

My head was on Chris's hard chest and it was his arm that was keeping me pressed against him. One of my legs was also on top of his legs. I could hear Chris's light snores, indicating he was still asleep.

Very slowly I raised my head and looked at his face. I hardly kept myself from letting out a chuckle. I just stared at him, admiring the perfect boy that I was blessed with. His hair was a mess, covering his forehead a bit. His handsome face looked so peaceful, bare of any wrinkle or frown. His mouth was slightly ajar, giving him a funny look.

I love you!

His words from last night echoed in my head, making me blush harder. Slowly I laid my head back on his chest again, thinking about the hectic night we had. It was like a dream. If I wouldn't have been woken up in my bed in Chris's arms, I would have thought that everything was just my imagination.

I began to draw circles on Chris's chest absentmindedly. A big grin was on my face as I recalled our intimate kiss last night.

"If you keep doing that," I jumped slightly at hearing Chris's raspy morning voice. "We will be staying in bed so much longer, doing things that you are not ready for."

I turned my head and saw his eyes slightly open, looking down at me. His hold tightened around my waist and he began to draw circles on my back while giving me a lazy smile.

"Good morning." I said softly and blushed harder, slowly praying myself off of him.

"Good morning, love." 

Goodness me! His morning voice could kill me.

I sat up and watched him looking at me, still laying on his back. "Seriously," said Chris and frowned a bit. "How can you still look stunning this early in the morning? Is it even morning?"

Suddenly I became self conscious and ran a hand on my head, trying to tame the hair that had come out of my braid. "I should look like a mess." I whispered shyly.

"You look breathtaking." he said and grabbed my arm suddenly, pulling me down, making me land on his chest with yelp. "Now, don't you want to give me a morning kiss, love?"

With the speed of lightning, I pushed myself off of him and put a hand on my mouth. "Morning breath." I said through my fingers before jumping out of the bed.

"I don't care." groaned Chris and pouted adorably. "I want my kiss."

"Don't be such a kid." I chuckled and picked a change of clothes for myself. Glancing at the clock I saw we were a bit early, so I looked at Chris. "Unfortunately for you, it's morning. We should go to work. I will come out soon so you can take a shower."

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door and locked it. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and my eyes widened. I looked so different, so livelier. My skin looked so brighter and my eyes were full of life. The sight simply make my heart warmer and I knew I owe it to the boy who was in my room. 

I had taken a shower last night, so I just did my business, washed my face, and brushed my teeth before changing into the clothes I had brought.

When I got out, Chris had fallen asleep again. After waking him up and hearing so many groans and whines, he finally went into the bathroom with a pair of jeans and a white shirt that belonged to my dad.