Chapter 11: New emotions

[Eleanor]

I woke up that morning before my alarm can go off. It was five in the morning, but I couldn't sleep from excitement. I was going back to school. I even didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing. Maybe I should have stayed out of school and continued working in the mornings too. 

But then again, I would be so tired for the night shift and I couldn't afford any mistakes in an expensive restaurant like Harrington's hotel. They were paying me just like the combination of the supermarket and the club. So maybe it was best I would give myself a week of rest and go to school before deciding whether to quit school again or not. I wouldn't admit it in front of anyone. But I was really, like really tired.

I showered and changed into light blue skinny jeans and a floral blouse that belonged to my mother. I then walked to Liam's room and turned off his alarm clock. The poor boy could sleep more today.

He was awake when I came back home last night and was quick to interrogate me when he see my happy face. I told him everything, of course except the part that Chris was my bully before and our argument in front of the club. 

Liam may be younger than me, but he could sure as hell act like a protective big brother. the muscles he had gained from being on the football team for two years and the fact that he was as tall as me, were helping him extra. 

He was happier than something I was, and was calling the event a miracle. And indeed it was a miracle.

For an hour I walked around the house and tidy up everything and did a bit of laundry before going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast before waking up my siblings. All the time, my mind was focused on certain someone.

I couldn't help the flutter I would feel in my heart whenever I was thinking about the last day. Harrington, or Chris, as he asked me to call him, had turned from the demon responsible to ruin me to my guardian angel in a matter of half a day.

I couldn't help the heat that would creep up from my neck to my face whenever I would remember the way he would hold my hands or give me his dazzling smile or when his jade eyes would sparkle happily at seeing my own smile.

I couldn't help the butterflies that would party in my stomach, or the warmth and the feeling of safety that would surge through my heart whenever he was holding my hand. I just couldn't help it. I liked this new feeling even if it was from my former tormentor.

"Why did you turn off my alarm?" 

Liam's raspy morning voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I jumped and whipped around and sighed once I saw him standing there still in his pajamas.

"Sorry!" he said and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Didn't want to startle you. Good morning."

"It's okay and good morning to you too." I smiled and turned off the oven and put the last pancake into the pile I have created in a dish. "I woke up early and thought you may need your beauty sleep. You seemed tired last night."

"Yeah, thank you." he said as he took a pancake and hopped on top of a counter. "I had football practice yesterday and then I had to trim grass for three houses."

"Liam," I sighed. "As much as I appreciate your sense of responsibility, you don't have to work hard. At least not on the days you have football practice. I don't want you to tire yourself and become sick."

"Don't worry for me." he said and rolled his eyes and flexed his bicep muscles, making me chuckle. "Girl, I'm pure muscles. A bit of work won't kill me. It's you I'm worried about. Thanks to heaven you won't have to work two shifts anymore. You looked like a zombie. No offense."