Chapter 2: Rich but miserable

[Chris]

"Christopher Adam Harrington! Wake up this instant."

I groaned as my mother's voice boomed in my room. I turned to my other side and covered my head with my blanket and didn't open my eyes. I was too fucking tired to even move a limb. My head was pounding hard and let's just say I was going through stages of a bad hangover.

"Wake up, dear. It's a quarter past seven and you are still in bed." said my mom and I heard the curtains being pulled aside. "You better be up or I will send your dad up."

At hearing the last words I shot up from my position and leaned on my elbow. I turned my face in the direction I have heard her voice without opening my eyes. "I'm up. I'm up." I said with a silly smile. "Just don't send the old thing after my ass. My head is killing me already."

I heard her sigh before I let myself fall on my back again and groan in pain. Gush! I should have not drank the second whiskey bottle. I felt the bed dips down beside me and my mother's smooth hand touched my forehead. I grunted and leaned into her cool touch, relaxing a bit.

"You were at a party last night again, weren't you?" she asked softly and I felt a twinge of hurt in my heart at hearing the disappointment in her voice. 

I didn't answer her question. Instead, I sat up and leaned on the headboard, and finally opened my eyes. There she had sat, the most important woman in my life and my guardian angel, my dear mother, staring at me with her jade eyes that were just like mine. She was already in a white blouse and a black pencil skirt with her hair pulled up into a neat bun, ready to go to work. Her beautiful eyes which were always filled with worry and concern when she would look at me were fixed on my face. God, how much I hated that look.

"Here, take these." she said softly and handed me two pills and a glass of water.

I gladly swallowed the pills and chugged down the glass of water before looking back at her who stood up.

"I think you know the rule to not go to parties on school nights, young man." she scolded down at me and crossed her arms.

"Come on, mom." I groaned and ran a hand through my messy black hair. "I'm not really in the mood for a lecture. I can smell one coming my way from dad."

She pursed her lips swallowing her answer. She sighed and leaned down and kissed my forehead gently, making me close my eyes in bliss. I love her truly and deeply and the fact that I only disappoint her in return for all the love she offers me is killing me.

"Chris, dear, please understand that your dad and I only want the best for you." she said softly before walking to the door. Once in the doorway, she stood with a hand on the door and turned to me with a smile playing on her lips. "Take a shower before going to school. You stink like garbage. And hurry up or you will be late."

I chuckled but groan again at the pounding pain in my head. I threw the blankets away and stood up in my almost naked glory, shivering as the cool air nibbled at my skin. I walked to the bathroom and stripped out of my boxers before standing under the warm shower and relaxing my muscles. 

Well, let me introduce myself a bit. I'm Chris Harrington as you can say. I'm the youngest son of Norman and Elisabeth Harrington. I have an older brother who is six years older than me. Let's just say I'm the disappointment of the family while he is the perfect son. Yet I love him greatly. 

My brother, Jaxon, or Jax as we call him, left the town when he turned 18 and got a scholarship in business at one of the best universities in the country. He returned two years ago after getting his degree in business and bought a house for himself in the town and is currently running a hotel that he and my father build two years ago.