Chapter 8: The reason why

[Chris]

I groaned as I moved on the uncomfortable hospital bed. It was more than 6 hours after the accident and I was still on the bed, attached to an IV although I was only feeling a mild ache in my arm and leg that I have fallen on after the accident.

Turned out, that a driver who had passed the red light had hit me. I had gained consciousness when they were putting me in the ambulance.

"Don't move and for God's sake don't groan too much."

I groaned again as I heard Jax's voice. Yes, my idiot self asked the paramedics who were adamant to call someone for me to call my big brother instead of my parents. I didn't want to make my mother worried.

"You are going on my nerves." added Jax who had sat beside my bed on a chair without taking his eyes off of his phone.

"I don't know why the fuck they are keeping me here." I grumbled. "I'm fine. I want to go home."

"They are only keeping you here to make sure you are fine." explained Jax patiently like he was talking to a fucking 4-year-old. He finally put his phone aside and looked at me with a twinge of worry in his eyes.

"Although the CT scan shows no damage in your brain and you feel fine but you were unconscious for 8 minutes, dude."

Yes, I was unconscious for 8 minutes until the ambulance came finally. My right side had taken the most of the hit when I had fallen to the ground. My right arm had a long wound from my bicep to a bit below my elbow. My right calf had a large bruise and a few scratches. I was lucky that I had a helmet on or I would have told you this story from hell.

"Just be a good boy for a little more and you will be released," said Jax teasingly and leaned on his chair again. "Then maybe I will buy you ice cream."

"Fuck you!" I cursed him as I saw him smirking while scrolling through his phone. Don't get me wrong. I love my brother. He was great and we had so much fun before he leave the house. We still would spend time together even though he was so busy with his hotel management.

But, man, he could walk on my nerves greatly if he wanted.

"Did you know how much you look like dad?" I asked with a deep frown on my face, wanting to talk to kill the time. "I hate you even more now."

"Dude, have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" he scoffed and looked at me. "Believe me, he had put some effort at the two times he had helped to create us to make sure whenever anyone glances at us knows that we are his sons and no one else."

And he was right. We both looked alike and both of us were carbon copies of dad. Only Jax had a short beard that had made him look even more handsome but he would say he was only keeping it to be different than me and dad.

"Believe me, he would have taken back his effort if he knew who I will become." I grunted under my breath and looked away.

"Hey," said Jax, and his brows furrowed at hearing my words. "He loves you so much, okay? He is a stern man and doesn't know how to express his feelings but he loves you more than his life. Even more than me."

"Yeah, that's for sure." I scoffed and looked at Jax. "He hates my existence while you are his golden boy. He just won't shut up talking about you."

"Chris, stop being a baby and grew up." sighed Jax and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Don't be such a stubborn asshole. You know he is only worried for you and he has every right to be. Bro, if we don't consider football, you are shitting to your future. He only wants you to be more responsible and think about your future. If he hated you that much he would have kicked you out of his house the moment you turned 18."