Junko Enoshima: Part 2

Real quick, I want to say thank you for getting this book to over 1K reads! That's more than I ever expected to get, and it really means the world to me! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Your first date

• It was now February. School had been back in session for a little while. Everyone was working hard on developing their talents further, and this included you and Junko. The two of you had managed to keep your relationship a secret from anybody that wasn't in your families. You and Junko had been close since the school year started, which is why nobody questioned it when you started working on your talents together.

• You approached Junko one day and asked if she'd ever thought about branching out into the music industry. She quickly replied by saying, "It's crossed my mind a few times, but I've always stuck with fashion since it's what I find the most interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to trying music though, why?"

• You told her about an idea you had. Usually, when students attempt to work on their talents together, they choose to work with students who specialize in talents that relate to their own. The Ultimate Biologist might work with the Ultimate Chemist to create a cure to a rare disease. The Ultimate Pianist might make a song with the Ultimate Guitarist.

• While fashion and music were tangentially related, they weren't related in the same way the previous examples were. Your thought process mainly focused on the fact that you and Junko were both Ultimate Analysts.

• Even though you shared a talent, you still saw the world through different eyes. You had a question about how this could be used to further develop your talents: If one Ultimate Analyst teaches something to another, will that second Ultimate Analyst be able to  help the first improve what they taught to them?

• While you were explaining your idea to Junko, you could almost see the gears turning in her head. You knew this meant that she had an idea. Once you were finished explaining your idea, Junko replied with an idea of her own. "So what you're saying is that we might be able to improve each other's fake talents by working with each other. If I'm able to help you with your talent as the Ultimate Producer by writing and recording a song, you might be able to help me as the Ultimate Fashionista by trying your hand at the fashion industry. I like this idea. Now, how would you feel about making your debut as a fashion designer?"

• Two weeks later, Junko released her first song. It immediately rose to the top of the charts. Also, your idea had been correct. You learned a lot from working with Junko. With every artist you'd worked with, there was a pattern that would show how successful they could be. The ones with the most potential were the ones that were able to instinctually work over a track that you provided. You'd worked with people that had great instincts before, but Junko was on a whole different level. By seeing how she was able to sing over your track, you were able to utilize her instincts as a baseline for your decision-making in the future.

• Two weeks after Junko's overnight success in the music industry, something happened to shock both of you. Junko was nominated for a music award for how well her song was doing. Both of you were stunned and ecstatic about this. Immediately after receiving the news, Junko asked you a question.

• "I may have just had an amazing idea. Would you accompany me as my date on the night of the awards show? If you're willing to design our outfits, it could be your debut as a fashion designer! More importantly, it could be our first official date!" You immediately accepted her offer, thinking about how surreal it seemed. For your first public date with the Ultimate Fashonista, you'd be her date to an awards show where she was nominated for an award for a song you produced for her. Junko wasn't finished explaining her idea.