Chiaki Nanami

Your talent

• You are the Ultimate Composer.

How you met

• You never thought that you'd be able to work with music. When you were younger, you tried to play multiple instruments. No matter how hard you tried, you were always average at best on any instrument you played. You felt alienated by this, since you grew up in a household where everyone else was a talented musician. You were worried that you hadn't inherited the family talent. However, you didn't have the slightest clue as to how talented you really were.

• You may not have been a prodigy at playing music, but you had a talent for writing music. Your understanding of music theory and arranging pieces of music was beyond anything that your family members could do. When you write music, you're able to hear what you're writing in your head. This lets you know what a piece of music will sound like before anyone's ever even played it.

• When you first discovered this talent, you started off with small projects, like arranging songs in musicals for writers that weren't well known. From there, it escalated into composing songs for movies and TV shows. Finally, you were in a place where you were creating whole soundtracks for movies and video games. Your meteoric rise to success did not go unnoticed, and Hope's Peak scouted you as the Ultimate Composer.

• Over the first few months of the school year, you got to know your classmates and build a bond with them. Out of everyone you met, though, there was one classmate who stuck out to you more than anyone else: Chiaki Nanami, the Ultimate Gamer. She was absolutely beloved by the entire class- including you -and she was always kind to every single person she met. Your first conversation with her was one that you'll never forget.

• It was the first day of school, and everyone in the class was introducing themselves. Amidst the, to put it nicely, louder members of the class, Chiaki's quiet and sleepy introduction seemed timid by comparison. You immediately remembered her though, because something told you that she was unique.

• At lunch, you went back to class early since you weren't really hungry. On the way, you spotted Chiaki sitting by a fountain and playing a game. You listened intently for a moment, and you were able to recognize the sound of a song you composed for a video game soundtrack. Actually, you'd written the entire soundtrack for that RPG game. You approached Chiaki and mentioned the name of the game she was playing.

• This broke her focus, and she excitedly looked at you with sparkling eyes. "You've heard of this game before?! Not many people have, so this is exciting!" Chiaki asked how you knew it, and you told her that you composed the entire soundtrack.

• Chiaki froze for a moment, before smiling and saying something you'd never forget: "Thank you for doing your part to create this amazing game." Chiaki had all kinds of questions about how you wrote the soundtrack and how you were able to capture the mood of various scenes in songs. That memory stuck with you, and you always thought of it when things were rough. The two of you walked back to class together and talked about your favorite video games.

Getting to know her

• It can be nerve-wracking to build a bond with people, but you didn't feel that way about Chiaki. The two of you had no problems when it came to communicating with each other, and you grew close quickly because of that. You'd talk a lot about video games that you both liked, and how the themes in those games can be applied to the real world.