Ibuki Mioda

Your talent

• You are the Ultimate Woodworker.

How you met

• You were stressed out. Exams were coming up in a few weeks, and you were still trying to figure out what you wanted to do for your project.

• While you were sitting in your workshop, brainstorming about possible items you could make, your ears were invaded by one of the most unholy sounds you'd ever heard. You were terrified of what you might find, but you chose to investigate and see where it came from.

• Your search led you to the auditorium. You took a deep breath and walked inside, where you were greeted with a sight of pure carnage. You saw something that should have been a guitar, but it was smashed beyond recognition. You looked onstage and saw a girl playing a bass guitar while quite literally screaming into a microphone.

• It took her a little bit of time to notice you, but she eventually had to take a break from screaming. When she saw you, she started calling out to you and waving excitedly. Confused, you looked behind you to see if someone she knew was behind you, but you were the only person there. She beckoned you over to the stage, so you approached her.

• Up close, you could see that this girl had a lot of piercings and spiky hair. If you had to describe her in one word, it'd be sharp. She didn't look menacing at all though. In fact, she was smiling and laughing. She introduced herself as Ibuki Mioda, the Ultimate Musician.

• You asked her what was going on and why there was a smashed guitar on the floor. Ibuki said that she was trying to prepare for her exam by playing the guitar with no hands, but she unfortunately didn't realize that the vibrations from the volume of her amp would cause the guitar to fly into the audience. Since she forgot to bring a backup guitar today, she was just having fun by playing the bass and screaming.

• At that moment, a lightbulb went off in your head. You knew what you could do for your exam. You offered to make Ibuki a custom guitar to use for her exam. She grabbed you by the shoulders and said, "If you would do that for Ibuki, then Ibuki would consider you her best friend!"

• You agreed, which made Ibuki laugh and profusely thank you. You asked if she had any specifications for the design, but she told you to go wild with it. Despite that sentence being somewhat vague, you knew exactly what to make.

Getting to know her

• Over the next few weeks, when you weren't working on the guitar, you were spending time with Ibuki. You had a feeling she'd be a little weird based on how you first met her, but nothing could prepare you for how odd she really was.

• When you talked with her, Ibuki couldn't really stay on one topic for a long time. For example, in a 15 minute conversation with her, these are the topics she wanted to discuss: Music, muscles, ketchup, movie theatres, the beach, airplanes, and then music again.

• You wondered if she was always like this, or if something happened to diminish her ability to stay on topic. This question was answered when you found out she almost died at a young age from being hit in the head with a coconut.

• Her short attention span didn't bother you, you actually liked the way she could easily connect seemingly distant subjects. Also, you thought that her habit of referring to herself in the third person was adorable!