Jongho ✦ Opposites Attract | Hogwarts AU

Gryffindor Jongho x Slytherin reader

Word count: 4,408

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Jongho wizzed through the air, holding the Quaffle close to him as he zoomed towards the opposing team's hoops, successfully tossing the ball through the goal, scoring yet again for Gryffindor

"Yes!" You cheered only to quickly clamp your hand over your mouth afterwards, your outburst earning you some glances from your fellow housemates.
Maybe next time you should sit with the Gryffindors—then again, you'd stand out like a sore thumb. It was hard not to cheer for Jongho. He's the best quidditch player on the whole team, watching him is enough to put you on the edge of your seat. Yes, you two are from opposing houses, but you're the best of friends and you don't let old rivalries stop you from hanging out together.

The game came to a close and Gryffindor took the victory as expected. You had to keep your excitement at bay as you exited the stands to meet with your friend on the ground, holding it in long enough to part ways with the rest of your house.
Jongho approached you looking oh-so-handsome as usual, a thin layer of sweat on his face giving him a post-victory glow.

"That was awesome!" You squeaked.
"It was nothing." He huffed.
"Nothing? Every time I watch you play I'm on the edge of my seat. Honestly, there was a couple times I wasn't sure you'd score, but you pulled through every time."
His warm laughter filled the air as his cheeks turned pink, though that could have just been from all the activity out on the field.
"You act like I'm the best player on the team."
"You are!" You said enthusiastically, giving him a light punch on the arm. "We should celebrate your victory."
"By doing what?"
"We could go to Hogsmeade and grab a butterbeer." You suggested. "My treat."
Jongho's eyes lit up.
He loved butterbeer. You could remember the first time he tried it, the fond memory replaying in your head.
"When?"
"Tomorrow."
That heart-melting gummy smile of his broke out on his face as he nodded.
"Sounds good."

You and Jongho had been friends from day one, literally. You met on the train to Hogwarts and he was nervous as ever. He had only just recently found out there was magic in his family lineage and wasn't sure what to expect at Hogwarts as he had only found out it's existence a few weeks prior to the start of he school year.
"I don't know anything about this place and I'm nervous to be away from home for so long."
"There's nothing to be nervous about. You'll have fun, trust me." You told him. "I've been looking forward to this for a whole year. My older cousin told me they have entire feasts at Hogwarts. There's all sorts of food lined up on these really long tables that stretch across almost the entirety of the room."
"Wow. That sounds much better than instant ramen."
"Instant? Muggles have instant ramen?" You asked with wide eyes.
"Oh. It's not instant, it's just made in a shorter amount of time. We don't have magic so we have meals that can be made easily."
"Ooh. How long does it take?"
"Usually about three minutes unless you want to add extra stuff or cook your noodles longer."
"Three minutes is still really quick." You responded. "That's amazing."
"I guess it is." He chuckled.
Jongho thought so-called "muggle" things weren't special. After all, it's just how he goes about daily life, but seeing your reaction was amusing to him.