Yeosang ✦ My Treasure | Pirate AU

Word count: 8,179

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Yeosang strode along the quarterdeck, gazing at the horizon before him

Yeosang strode along the quarterdeck, gazing at the horizon before him. The many pieces of jewelry he wore glimmered in the golden sun.
Unlike other pirates, Yeosang took pride in his appearance. He was known for being a princely pirate with breathtaking features and exquisite style. He carried himself in such a way that made others envy him, pirates and royals alike—with elegance.
The captain was embellished with jewels from around the world, each one plundered from a different town or city, and he's about to collect the most precious jewel of all—you.

You were a princess and the daughter of a wealthy king who ruled over a small bayside kingdom. Recently, your father has been begging for you to find a man and settle down, but you could care less. Truthfully, you weren't interested in dating let alone getting married. You'd rather not waste your time on men, you'd much rather go out and take a stroll around town, go to the docks and dip your toes in the water. Anything but waste time getting to know a man who just wants you for the title that comes with marrying a princess.

"Y/n, I've planned a formal social gathering for this weekend. I think it would be a good opportunity for you to mingle with some of the men in town." Your dad mentioned at breakfast.
"Dad, I've already told you, I'm not interested. These men are just out to get money. They want to be a prince and they want the money that comes with it. That's the bottom line."
"Sweetheart, I would never let that happen. Besides, this is a formal event. Only eligible men will be here."
"Eligible or not, they're all out for something. I won't be with a man who doesn't care about me."
"That's why I'm hosting this ball. So you can mingle and see if any man sparks your interest. It's important that you start looking for a man to settle down with."
"Again, I'm not interested."
"You don't have a choice, Y/n. This ball is happening wether you like it or not."
"Unbelievable. Looks like my choices are being made for me." You stood up from the table. "I've lost my appetite."

Needing to get away from everything and cool down, you slipped out of the castle headed straight for the docks to enjoy your last moments of freedom as well as the warm water and sunrise.
Dread washed over you like ocean waves as you thought about being forced to attend this stupid social gathering.
You'd always dreamt of finding the perfect prince who would come in and sweep you off your feet. One that didn't care about your money and would take you on wonderful and amazing adventures, allowing you to see the world outside of the kingdom that you'd been confined to your whole life.

It was the night of the ball and you found yourself stuck in a fancy dress, standing amongst a large crowd of people you had no interest being around. You had slowly been migrating towards the corner of the room and away from the large mass of people, not wanting to be in the middle of all the commotion. Plus, if you kept your distance, there'd be less of a chance someone would approach you.
The last thing you wanted to do was get stuck in a conversation with some hoity-toity rich boy that you had nothing in common with.