The Child

So my bestie irldonatello messaged me and literally spammed my fuckin chat and telling me about this request they had and then they forced- i mean told me to write it.

So yea

Read above for some context that is kinda important for the story (this is a fairly old post I made on my YT community post last year)

Also like I didnt really know what to classify this oneshot cause a lot of shit is going on for it to be just one category. And it's another slow burn so buckle up ig

Serious thing get some snacks or sum shi cause this is a doozy

.

.

.

Today was Monday, which meant that this was the day of the week Swap would go to help his Undyne out with her experiments and work.

He woke up bright an early at 5am before starting to do his usual morning routine of stretching, making himself a breakfast consisting of egg and bread with some juice on the side and jogging around the house he was sharing with his brother.

He'd then jog around Snowdin where he'd meet up with Alphys in the forest for their daily workout and training. When they were done, he'd jog back home to take a shower and change into his safety clothes before heading over to Hotland where Undyne's lab is.

He thought it would've been easier if he would just teleport there, so that's what he did. He was then right in front of the door before he knocked.

He waited for a while before he heard a bunch of locks unlock and the door slowly opens to revealed a very messy and colorful Undyne.

"O-oh Sans! Y-you're he-ere early"

"Haha, well, when you're training to be a royal guard you have to be really early so you could make most of the day!"

"I-I guess y-you'r-re right-! Hold on, l-let me move a-aside so I can open t-the door f-for you"

A few seconds later, the large metal door opened wider with a creak and let him inside.

He slowly stepped inside where he'd immediately be bombarded by a bunch of her notes scattered all around the walls of her lab.

"What's all this?"

"O-oh, these were just l-little notes I-I was making w-while researching f-for this particular project I-im working on...I-it's actually what we're gonna b-be working on t-today-!"

"Oh really? I'm so excited now! What's it for?"

"I-im not allowed to say a-at this point I-in time...b-but all I can s-say is that her majesty a-asked me to work o-on this"

"Oh okay! Let's just get started"

"Y-yea!"

_____________________________

"Okay! I'll do my best, Undyne!"

Swap was finally done helping his Undyne with an experiment that she has been working on. He wasnt quite sure what is was since he always forgot to ask Undyne what was it for. All he knew that it was for Queen Toriel.

Before he left however, Undyne asked him to hold onto a tube for her and keep it in his refrigerator for the next few days since power cut by her place while they were experimenting on some liquids and ingredients he'd previously collected for her.