ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏꜱ

NOTE: Hey guys!

How are you guys doing? I expect that the next chapter is gonna be the last.

Anyway, here goes another chapter! I hope you enjoy it!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Mia let out a grunt as she felt her back hit the ground. She slowly got up and noticed Wormtail knocked out next to her. Euphemia struck a strong kick into the man's face; before grabbing his wand.

"Asshole," she muttered.

The girl looked around, unsure where she was and what to do. Wormtail had provoked all this mess, so Mia knew she should bring him to the castle so the Ministry would deal with him. She was about to tie him to a tree when she heard screams.

"Adrian Pucey! Cedric!" one of the teachers, a man named Hagrid, if Mia wasn't mistaken, called.

"Over here!" she screamed and waited as the man's loud, fast steps reached her.

When he arrived, though, Mia noticed he wasn't alone.

"Miss Graham, what--" professor McGonagall began but stopped midsentence when she saw the man passed out on the floor.

"Merlin."

She stared at the man for a while before turning her gaze back to the girl.

"Hagrid," she called, her eyes still fixed on Mia.

"Take him to the castle," she asked.

The giant man nodded in agreement, kneeled, and lifted Wormtail without difficulty, turning his back and heading back to the school.

"Where are the others?" asked the woman.

Mia frowned.

"What do you mean? They didn't get back?" she asked.

"Mr Jamie Potter and his brother arrived back, and Mr Krum and Miss Delacour got out during the task. Mr Diggory, Mr Pucey and Mr Morrin, however, are still missing," spoke the woman.

Mia shook her head frenetically at the woman.

"I don't know where they are. I just got here."

The teacher studied Euphemia minutely and signalled for her to follow her out of the woods.

"Professor Dumbledore warned us to take you to him if we find you. Follow me," spoke the woman severely.

The girl let out a sarcastic little laugh and sighed.

"And we're back to being the bad guy," she muttered.

"I'm fine, by the way. Thank you for asking, asshole," grumbled Mia, passing through the woman and walking in front of her, though close enough so the teacher wouldn't complain she couldn't see her.

Once they were out of the forest, Mia could notice something was off. Not a single soul was seen around the place, and as she followed the woman toward god knows where the more intrigued she was. When they entered the castle, there wasn't anyone in the corridors, and the only thing she could hear were hers and professor McGonagall's steps echoing around the place. Mia kept following the woman and didn't take her long to notice that they weren't heading for the headmaster's office.

"We'll be meeting them at the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey will take care of your injuries, and I presume professor Dumbledore is waiting for you there," warned the woman, sensing the girl's suspiciousness.

They headed for the infirmary, and as soon as they got in. Jamie and Archie laid their eyes and her, nearly jumping out of their chairs.

Mia felt the tightness in her chest diminish as she saw Jamie and Harry standing there. The girl stared at her friends for a few seconds but couldn't help but feel weird about them now. The memory of the revelations about her family was still wandering around her mind, causing Mia to feel utterly uncomfortable.