ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ

NOTE: Hey guys! Thank you all for the votes.

The next chapter is on~~~.

Hope you like it! Please, let me know your thoughts about it.

Enjoy~~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Clutching their purchase with Mr. Weasley in the lead, they all hurried into the wood, following the lantern-lit trail. The sounds of thousands of people moving around them were loud and followed by shouts and laughter, even snatches of singing. The atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious, and even if he was alone, Jamie could not stop grinning. They walked through the wood for quite some time, all talking happily and laughing.

Jamie was walking with his parents, Remus and his brother. The four of them chatting quietly among themselves and eyeing him carefully from time to time. Jay frowned slightly and perked his ears to try to understand what they were saying.

"He said he is fine. Padfoot knows what he is doing Moony," whispered James.

"He's right, Remus. You know him," agreed Lily.

Jamie frowned slightly, feeling their eyes going back to him. He dropped his gaze to the ground immediately and pretended to be kicking the sticks in his way. They walked away from him a bit more, and the boy was left walking completely alone. Jay started to think where he had seen the name Padfoot before, as it seemed familiar to him and identified it as the name reading it in one of the letters Harry had received during the summer. Jamie tried to hear something else but noticed they were standing too far from him now.

The boy sighed as he noticed everyone talking and joking loudly, all but him having a great time. For the tenth time that day, Jamie really wished Archie and Mia were there to keep him company. The day was not going as bad as he hoped but was certainly as lonely as he had guessed. The boy walked in silence and close to the lot, though not too close. He just followed the adults till they emerged on the other side in front of a gigantic stadium.

Mr. Weasley led the way toward the nearest entrance, which was now; surrounded by a swarm of shouting witches and wizards, and Jamie stood a bit away from everyone.

"Prime seats!" said the Ministry witch at the entrance when she checked their tickets.

"Top Box! Straight upstairs, all of you. As high as you can go. "

The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. They clambered upward with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filtered away through doors into the stands to their left and right. Everyone kept climbing, and Jamie saw it as the perfect excuse to sneak away from them.

The evening might not be going half as bad as he had hoped, but Jamie was growing bored of having no one to talk to and having everyone there ignoring him. He would be away from them just for a bit so he could wander around and try to find Archie or someone familiar; someone who actually wanted to talk to him.

"I'm gonna find a restroom," he warned his mother. However, as usual, she was too focused on talking to Harry to pay attention to him.

Jamie rolled his eyes and stepped away from the party, walking in the opposite direction, wandering around the stands. He gazed in awe at the glory of the place, so lost in thought that only when he felt someone hit him in the head did he turn around.

"I guessed it was you," Archer commented.

"What if it wasn't?" questioned Jay with an arched eyebrow.

"Then it would have been a pretty awkward situation," the boy admitted, causing Jamie to nod with an amused smile.

"That would be," he agreed.