ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ

NOTE: Hey guys!

How are you guys doing? I quite like that chapter, so I hope that you guys like it :). 

I hope you enjoy it!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

The days following Mr Crouch's disappearance went on as strangely as possible. Jamie and Mia had been questioned about the attack, Krum seemed to remember even less about what happened than they did, and Harry and his parents were convinced Mia was responsible for the attack.

Needless to say, the Potters had done everything they could to get her out of the Tournament.

Karkaroff seemed to be on edge for some reason the students couldn't understand, but Mia and her friends assumed it was because of the mark on his arm. Everything seemed calm, but strangely enough, a tension that hung around the idea of the third task stirred in the girl a deep feeling that something bad was about to happen.

One night a couple of weeks before the third task, Jamie dashed into the two girls' room with a slightly troubled Archie behind him.

"We have a problem," he warned.

"Just one?" replied Mia sarcastically but frowned upon noticing; that the boy's gaze didn't indicate that he was joking.

"What happened?"

Jamie sighed and held out a notepad to the two girls, who began to read it curiously.

"Right. And what, exactly, are we reading?" questioned Lisa.

"That's the conversation we had with the person who attacked us the night Mr Crouch disappeared."

Mia stared at the boy in shock.

"How do you have this?" she questioned, and Jamie lifted the quill Lisa had given him as a present, a look of recognition flashing across the girl's eyes.

"I found a piece of parchment in the pocket of the robes I was wearing that day and acknowledged my handwriting. I wrote a note to myself, telling me to look behind the bush we were hiding," Jamie explained.

"That's where I found that."

"So the person who attacked you..." began Lisa.

"Moody."

Mia read the notes carefully.

"I knew there was something weird about that paranoid panache."

Jamie sighed and agreed, taking a seat on Lisa's bed while Archie sat next to Mia and the blonde settled next to her boyfriend, holding his arm.

"You guys are screwed," Archie murmured thoughtfully.

"Thanks for the words of comfort, Arch," Mia mocked.

He flashed an apologetic smile at her.

"What are we going to do?" questioned Lisa.

"That's the reason we're here. Does anyone have any ideas?" asked Jamie.

Everyone remained silent.

"Where's the rest?" muttered Mia, flipping through the notebook, noticing that the last page was ripped.

Jamie and Archie exchanged nervous glances that passed unnoticed by Mia but not by Lisa.

"Jay gave a piece to me the day of the picnic to jot down a note for one of my friends from Beauxbatons."

Mia agreed, finding nothing odd in the girl's explanation. Jamie mouthed a 'thank you' to the blonde, who agreed, even though her face made it clear that she would question them about the matter later.