ᴛᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴀ ᴠᴀʟᴋᴏᴠᴀ

NOTE: Hey guys!

How are you guys doing? Here is another chapter! The story is about to get a bit intense haha.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Mia had to resist the temptation to roll her eyes for the ninth time since that conversation had started. It didn't matter how she looked at the situation or from what angle she examined it. Those people were either mentally incapable or possessed worse social skills than she did.

"Girl," spat Kristoff, drawing Mia's attention.

She turned to the man.

"Yes?" the girl questioned.

"Yes? Is that; how you talk to the person who feeds that filthy mouth of yours? Who keeps a roof over that worthless head of yours? Huh?" the man vociferated, and the people close to Euphemia walked away.

"I'm sorry," she apologised.

"You despicable little brat," he spat in disgust, grabbing the girl's arm tightly and pulling her into a corner where there were hardly any people.

Euphemia felt her blood boil when Kristoff pulled her without her will, feeling so pissed that fear was almost unnoticeable to her. Her head immediately snapped up, and indifference took over her face while her heart throbbed hard in her chest.

"Your mother is waiting for you in the drawing-room. I warned her, and I warn you now. Don't cause a scene, or the consequences will be bad," he threatened.

"Get out of here,"

"Yes, sir," Mia spoke, walking away from there.

Euphemia sighed deeply and prepared herself for the encounter with Iris, which definitely wouldn't be much better than the one she had just had with her stepfather. Mia entered the room and saw her mother standing near the fireplace with a cup in hand. The woman looked a bit drunk and only noticed the girl when Euphemia knocked gently on the door.

Iris turned to her daughter and stared at her with pure disgust.

"You," she said.

Euphemia remained impassive.

"You don't know how to follow the rules, do you? Of course not, just like that useless, imbecile father of yours," the woman vociferated.

Mia remained quiet, internally surprised that the woman had mentioned the man.

"How many times have I specifically forbidden you to leave Bulgaria? How many times, Adhara," she shouted, and the girl frowned in confusion.

"Who?" she asked.

Iris seemed to notice what she said and approached the girl threateningly.

"The only reason you're not going back to Bulgaria is that Kristoff is waiting for something big to happen," she warned.

"Something, which apparently, you are in the middle of," the woman added.

Mia continued to stare at her. Part of her was deadly curious about what her mother meant, and part of her was still a bit terrified.

"But be warned. If I find out you're close to any company that is not suitable for you, I will not only make your holiday a living hell. I will destroy any chance you might have of returning to Durmstrang next year," the woman warned.

"Your father was a waste of talent, and I certainly won't let the same happen to you,"

Euphemia did not reply, let alone bow her head. She might have been terrified, but she would never look away from the woman's eyes. Truth be told, Mia was growing tired of giving these people more power than they deserved.