ᴘᴏʀᴛᴋᴇʏ

Jamie was sleeping peacefully when light knocks were heard on his door.

"Jay, dear. Time to get up," the boy's mother's voice sounded muffled, causing the young Potter to let out a grumble and throw the blanket away from him.

The boy sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes lazily and stood up. Jamie walked over to his dresser, grabbing a change of casual clothes before heading to the bathroom. The dark-haired boy took a quick shower and got ready, standing in front of the mirror. Jamie stared at his messy black hair and messed it up even more with his hand, his hazel eyes sparkling mischievously as an eager smile came to his lips.

Finally, it was the day of the match.

Jamie walked back to his room and down the stairs, making his way to the kitchen where his parents were sitting.

"Good morning," wished the boy monotonously, taking a seat in his usual spot.

"Good morning," replied James cheerfully.

"Good morning darling, did you sleep well?" questioned Lily giving the boy a kiss on the head.

"Yes," replied Jamie helping himself to some pancakes.

"Good. Now, hurry up; we still need to find the Weasleys before we go. All right?" the woman warned and the boy's good mood instantly vanished.

Jamie ate his food silently, noticing that his dad was in an unusually good mood, as he had been the entire summer. The boy had the impression that something must've happened when he was still at school, seeing that his parents' mood had improved at least a hundred percent from the year before. Jamie remembered that when he first got home from the Institute, he instantly noticed that his father was unusually happy and his mother seemed much more relaxed. The boy was very confused as to what could've happened to make them change that much but when he asked his brother, Harry just brushed it off and said it was nothing.

When Jamie finished his food, he made his way back to his room, taking his backpack and deciding that he would take a couple more books for his own enjoyment. The boy knew that if he didn't find Archie or Mia, he would have a good chance of being alone. Jay sighed and sat up in bed, all his will to go to the game disappearing as an irritated sigh came out of his mouth followed by a grunt of annoyance. He hated the fact that he would have to spend the biggest event of his life with the Weasleys, his parents and their friends, without his two best friends and with his brother. It was everything he didn't want.

The Weasleys were the family of Harry's best friend, Ron. They were a pureblood family known for being big and generally redheaded. Jamie had nothing against them but Molly Weasley, who was the matriarch of the family, was way too bossy for his taste. Other than that, the boy even found them tolerable; though he was not friends with them. The boy had heard that ever since their first year at Hogwarts, Harry and Ron had been best friends and gone through the most diverse problems together with Hermione, a muggle-born witch who was very skilled at making everything sound very boring.

Jamie wasn't very close to his brother's friends, considering he didn't attend Hogwarts himself but he found them ok most of the time. Still, staying the holidays in their company would be unbearably boring seeing that they didn't really make any effort to talk to him. Nothing new so far. He knew that he and Harry weren't as close as they used to be when they were little so it wasn't surprising that his brother's friends weren't close to him. Things between them had changed greatly after they turned eleven and went to different schools, but normally they had a good relationship. The twins were alike in many ways but had one strong trait that set them apart.

Jamie hated having his life controlled by his parents while Harry would do anything to please them.

Jay had lived his whole life around his brother. Always moving around to protect him, never being able to go out during the summer and always having to tell his parents to whom he had been talking to, as anyone could want to use him to try to get to Harry. It was suffocating, to say the least, and that was the main reason he had chosen to go to Durmstrang. He loved his family and loved his brother, wishing more than nothing for him to be safe. However, he needed to live his life as Jamie Potter, not as the not-so-interesting twin brother of the Boy-Who-Lived, as it normally was and he could affirm to anyone who asked, that he hadn't regretted a day.