Dos Oruguitas

The next morning, the Madrigals are still searching for Mirabel and (Y/N).
"Mirabel! Mirabel!", Julieta and Agustín call out for their daughter.
"(Y/N)!", Camilo calls out as Félix and Dolores follow behind him.
Dolores even tilds her head to listen but nothing. Her gift is gone.

Meanwhile, Mirabel and (Y/N) are at a river holding each other. Mirabel cries against her best friend's chest while (Y/N) lets her tears fall from her eyes, her head on Mirabel's.
Footsteps approaches them.
"Mirabel? (Y/N)?"
The person is Alma.
"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt us ... I just wanted ... to be something I'm not ...", Mirabel sobs.
"I'm sorry too. I just wanted you to accept me for who I am. I just wanted ... to have a family again.", (Y/N) says.
Alma looks at the girls and sits next to them.
"I've never been able to come back here. This river ... is where we were given our miracle ...", she tells.
The girls look at her.
"Where Abuelo Pedro ..."
Alma nods.
"I thought we would have a different life ... I thought I would be a different woman ..."

Young Alma walks towards the center of her village. A old woman hands her a candle. Not seeing anything, she climbs up a light pole. A man named Pedro has had the same idea. A golden butterfly flies past him till he sees Alma. He waves at her which she did till she slips. She catches herself which makes Pedro chuckle at her.

Dos oruguitas enamoradas

At the fountain, they eat and talk about their dreams.

Pasan sus noches y madrugadas

A few years later, they are standing in front of the priest in the church. They kiss as newly weds, a candle in their hands.

Llenas de hambre
Siguen andando y navegando un mundo
Que cambia y sigue cambiando

In their house, Alma take a paper figure of a baby to Pedro who has his eyes closes. As he opens them, Alma pull the paper apart to reveal that she is pregnant with triplets. Pedro fake faints but laughs as he pulls Alma to him.

Navegando un mundo
Que cambia y sigue cambiando

Nine months later, the two look at their newly borns with happiness. But it changes when raiders appear in their village setting the houses in flames.

Dos oruguitas paran el viento
Mientras se abrazan con sentimiento

They looked at the cradle beds for the last then close the door.

Siguen creciendo, no saben cuándo
Buscar algún rincón

Pedro holds the lantern, an arm around Alma and the babies. The other villagers follow behind them as they cross a river.

El tiempo sigue cambiando
Inseparables son
El tiempo sigue cambiando

Alma suddenly hears the neighing of horses which makes her hug her babies close to her in fear as she sees the raiders riding towards them. Pedro screams at the villagers to run.

Ay, oruguitas, no se aguanten más
Hay que crecer aparte y volver

Pedro looks at the raiders then at Alma. He kisses the babies forehead then kisses Alma who has tears in her eyes and gives her the candle.

Hacia adelante seguirás
Vienen milagros, vienen crisálidas
Hay que partir y construir su propio futuro

He goes in the river with his hands up begging the raiders to let the villagers go. But one of them brings his sword out and kills him.

Ay, oruguitas, no se aguanten más
Hay que crecer aparte y volver
Hacia adelante seguirás

Alma cries out reaching for her husband but then falls on her knees in pain. Suddenly the candle glows brighter and pushes the raiders away as the mountains starts to form.

Vienen milagros, vienen crisálidas
Hay que partir y construir su propio futuro

Alma looks at the river in tears as the mountains form between her and the river. She looks at her babies and at the villagers with the candle in her hands. In Casita, Alma sits on the ground at the end of her bed with her babies in her arms. She still has a look of disbelief for losing Pedro.

Dos oruguitas desorientadas

Her face changes into determination. She has to be strong now for her babies.

En dos capullos bien abrigadas

She wraps her scarf around her shoulders, takes the candle and goes out of her room as she passes the glowing doors.

"I was given a miracle ..."

Alma in her present self passes Bruno in front of his door.

"... a second chance ..."

She passes Isabella who straigthes up in front of her door. She passes Luisa who carries a sand bag in front of her door.

"... and I was so afraid to lose it ..."

And lastly, she stops next to little Mirabel and (Y/N). Mirabel's door fades away and (Y/N)'s door glows giving her the gift.

" ... that I lost sight of who our miracle was for."

Little Mirabel and (Y/N) turn to Alma with sad frowns.

"And ... I am so sorry..."

The candle fades from Alma's hands as she looks around the broken house then falls to her knees.

"You two never hurt our family, Mirabel and (Y/N). You were right, (Y/N). We are broken ... because of me.", Alma confesses in tears.
The girls look at Alma in pity when a golden butterfly flies over the river till it lands on grass in the middle of the river. The girls sees it looking at each other knowing what to do.

"Alma."
Alma looks up at (Y/N).
"We can finally see."
(Y/N) and Mirabel each hold a hand out which Alma takes. Together, they guide her in the river towards the butterfly.
"You lost your home ... lost everything ... you suffered so much ... all alone ... so it would never happen again.", (Y/N) says.
"We were saved because of you. We were given a miracle, because of you. We are a family, because of you. And nothing could ever be broken that we can't fix, together.", Mirabel says.
Alma smiles at the girls with tears in her eyes.
"I asked my Pedro for help.", she cups the girls cheek, "Mirabel and (Y/N) .... he sent me you two."
She pulls the girls into a hug which Mirabel and (Y/N).

Ay, mariposas, no se aguanten más
Hay que crecer aparte y volver
Hacia adelante seguirás

They pull apart as a swarm of golden butterfly fly around them.

Ya son milagros, rompiendo crisálidas
Hay que volar, hay que encontrar
Su propio futuro

They watch the butterflies as they fly towards the splitten mountain.