Chapter Twenty-Seven: The kingdom Shall Fall

Lloyd removed the dark blade from the man's chest with grim satisfaction. The crimson blood dripped down the man's blue and white vest, flowing down the blade of the obsidian sword. He swiped him to the ground with no mercy, leaving the guard slumping on the flagstone bridge. It had taken him hours of careful watching until he found a gap in their almost airtight defenses, and even then he had still been spotted and attacked by this wretched guard.

He pulled off the man's armor, fitting it onto himself before flinging the man into a tree far below, a look of disdain crossing his face. Branches snapped as their thin arms were landed upon.

The sun glistened over the Grand Villa Mercury. The light refracted off the stained glass windows and it was filtered into a array of dazzling beams of vibrant light. A pillar of stone rose up to the heavens at it's center with two smaller ones over the east and west wings.

Lloyd could appreciate the villa. It stood for power and wealth, something he had always craved but never obtained. Now, he was taking down the most influential and wealthy of them all. He would enjoy this.

He gripped the dull bronze handles as he took off into an effortless sprint. Honestly, he could have ran faster, but that would risk taxing himself and getting ambushed. He blurred across the walkway and found himself in front of a round window. He took no time in stealth, instead bashing through it with the hilt of the sword.

He leaped through the opening as the glass cascaded downwards. No longer was the light that filtered around him white, but black and as it shifted across his shoulder, sprouting into a set of elegant wings, they were of the darkest tone, somber in appearance where as before, they could have been mistaken for a gleam.

Guards in gleaming blue and white yelled out as they saw him descend. They hesitated for a moment when he saw the armor he was wearing, that got him close enough for them to see his wings. Understanding flashed across their eyes and they reached for their swords at their sides, but too late. Lloyd wasn't going to let them.

He slammed into the ground in their midst, glass cascading around them, sparkling like rain in the intense light. The floor tiles shattered, a wave splitting in all directions around him, taking the guards off their feet and blasting them with shrapnel. Lloyd took off, blades slashing through the air, each swing claiming a life. Except for one.

A guard was still on his feet, his silver shield raised. Lloyd slashed down at his head and the sword was smashed aside with a powerful slam of the man's grand sword. Lloyd was pushed back and his black wings spread wide to slow his backtrack. He raised both the swords, slashing down and kicking with his right leg as he floated in the air. Sparks exploded as the cuts were blocked but he grinned as the guard was slammed off his feet, his foot having struck home in his side.

The demon wasted no time, flying forward and stabbing downwards. The swords cracked trough the shield, mire bubbling as their toxicity suffused into the blades. The swords glowed a sickly black as they shattered the man's only protection into long pieces. The guard was smashed into the ground and the tiles broke under him, the ceramic stabbing into the warrior's back like Death's blades. His assaulter flipped over in the air, a blur of black, a foot slamming down on his chest. The man jerked once as his bones cracked, penetrating his heart and lungs, then laid still.

Lloyd landed on the ground and surveyed his dark work. None of the thirteen guards had lived. He really didn't care if others were on the way, he was close now. As he opened his wings to take off, a blast washed over him, sweeping him into the far wall, cracks spreading across it's expanse. He tried to move but his arms were frozen solid. As the blast stopped, his head drooped forward and he watched his opponent with his glowing red eyes.

The creature stared at him with intelligent blue eyes, it's scales of the same intense hue. It's body was massive, just big enough to fit in the grand window he had broken earlier. It's long tail swung rhythmically and purple gems sparkled around it's long throat. Her eyes, for he could see that it was a her, eyed him triumphantly "Well, that was much easier than I expected. Time to Port you." She raised her head and sung softly and golden threads of power began to take shape around the mythical beast.

Lloyd gritted his teeth and addressed the beast "I am Lloyd Harbor, demon back from the death of Capricornia, killer of Damond Gray of Lizberdan, stealer of Major's will, destroyer of the Gate," Lloyd went over all his dark deeds, most having been committed while he was dead. He took power from his words, remembering the struggles he had faced. The black light shifted around him and steamy black armor took form. He clenched his gauntlet-clad hand. With a quick, powerful jerk, he pulled his hand free of the ice before shattering his body loose with powerful chops of his sword.

The dragon was in deep concentration, good light building, symbols taking shape; he didn't have much time.

His wings sprang open and his foot pushed off the ground, cracks spreading on its surface as he launched himself at his foe. Lloyd struck, his swords slashing at the dragon's exposed flank.

With a screech of pain, the gold light shattered, the dragon rearing back. Blood trickled across the already desecrated ground. She whipped her tail at Lloyd and he steered clear, taking off into the air, flying close to the vaulted ceiling. She roared, her lament call shaking the hall. Guards were filling up the adjoining hallways, not daring to enter because of the great beast that lay within, waiting until she did the dirty work for them.

Lloyd watched his opponent carefully as she opened her maw. Words came out instead of his expected attack "Puny speck, insolent boy! You dare, you dare," she fumed "I came here to take you far away, where you could do no harm to the Alerdreamians for many a day, but now," she bared her fangs "now I get Plan B." As soon as she finished her sentence, a blast of ice spewed from her mouth like fire would.

Lloyd swore as he spun under the blast, flying just below it as it kept on after him. The cold of the ice was intense, chilling him even as he avoided it. He yelled, bursting down at the dragon, swords barred. As he closed in, her tail thrashed out, catching Lloyd full-on. He grunted as he held on to the tail, digging the swords into it, letting the mire work. The beast screamed and thrashed, trying to shake off the demon. The poison worked at the dragon and Lloyd pulled out the weapons, taking them into the air with him.

The injured mystic beast opened her mouth, breathing her breath weapon right at Lloyd. Even in the armor and with his demon strength, he was plastered to the ceiling, the force of impact so harsh. He grunted as he tried to free himself. He struggled, knowing if he didn't free himself, he'd be dead. Dead...

Her wings snapped open, jewels glimmering like stars on her dark blue sky. She took off into the air, roaring fury and snapping her fangs-and yelped.

With a crackling hiss, her tail erupted and the shock wave rumbled up the length of her body. She gave a pitiful roar as her body twisted midair, her large limbs kicking tiredly. With a monumental crash, the dragon crunched into the ground, the whole floor exploding into powdered tile. Armvals the Faithful was dead.

Lloyd freed himself from the ice and floated down to the dragon's body. The hallways were empty, the guards having fled at the death of the dragon, fleeing in utter terror.

Lloyd's eyes glowed a wicked red "I won't die again."
**************************

DragonDog1: I hope you enjoyed, the book is coming to a close, the next chapter will also be about the demon Lloyd. For now, please comment and vote if you enjoyed because your opinion matters to me greatly. Thank you!