Chapter 10: Rising From The Past's Ashes

The fire within the cave flickered brightly as Thomas sat in both shock and awe.

"I don't believe it! How?! How are you here?! And why?! Didn't you and all of the Sudrian Deities of light move back into your realm to lead the dark ones out of ours?"

Lux-Aurea smiled, taking in Thomas's question.

"We have done that." She replied. "As for how I am here right now, this cave isn't actually a cave, but a special chamber with a doorway exclusive for me or Crystello to travel through the moment when we sense either the Swords of Iaspis or Illumious nearby. That rubble is actually the mortal realm door for this place. I closed it for I know how terribly injured Lady is over here. And don't worry about your allies in the kingdom of light, Burnett, Tasha, and Proteus know thanks to my telepathic message to the druids. You'll be safe here until Lady wakes again. It's running a little slow on her, but my healing spell is helping her. She won't be in any danger."

Though it was a relief to hear his lover would live through the ordeal, he still couldn't help but feel a great amount of guilt. His hands clenched the ground as his teeth dug into one another.

"I should've done more! I should've been stronger! I'm so weak. Lady's only lucky this time. But what about next time?! I led the danger to her! I almost got her killed!"

The goddess gazed at Thomas carefully, his mouth quivering while tears fell from his eyes.

"I can sense a great deal of pain boiling within the inside of you." She stated emphatically.

Thomas seethed with rage and pain.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I GO THROUGH!!! NO ONE DOES!!!! I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD A WILL OF A DIAMOND BUT TO ONLY SHOW A ONE EQUIVALENT TO THE WEAKEST ORE!!! AS FOR MY DRAGON-LIKE SOUL, IT'S A WEAK FRAIL LIZARD!!!! EVERY TIME I SETTLED IN SOMEPLACE AFTER I WAS ALWAYS DRIVEN OUT!!! THE ATTACKS ALWAYS COME!!! STRIKING EVEN AT THOSE WHO BREATHE THE SAME AIR AS ME!!!!!!!"

"I do know." Aurea then replied with a calm tone as Thomas finished his rant. "I had seen the crystal kingdom fall into Boomer's hands and saw the effect firsthand on how it affected you. I know of the burden on your shoulders and the constant hardships you face. But listen to me now. Deep down inside, your mother and father are right. Your soul is a strong powerful dragon as your will is that of a diamond. But only YOU and YOU alone can find the strength to pull them both out, Thomas."

"How are you so sure?! I'm a coward! I'm nothing courageous! I'm an utter failure of my family and everyone else!"

The goddess sighed sadly, taking in every bit of Thomas's words.

"Perhaps you're right." She admitted. "And with that knowledge, it would weigh you down to the point of incapability."

She then waved her hand about as Thomas watched the entire landscape change. What he saw next chilled him to the very core. Bodies of many royals and familiar people laid about as Boomer stood triumphantly over them. Banners of his own design hung in every town and city as guards followed his orders to punish and enslave those who defied his rule.

"What is this?!" The swordsman cried out in question. The goddess before him sighed and lowered her hand, bringing the projection to an end.

"Your present future." She said solemnly in reply. "The future where Boomer wins and takes over every kingdom and forms a very terrible and tyrannical empire."

Thomas's body shook violently as he began to mentally break down even more.

"No.. No... No! I-it can't! I have truly failed after all!" Lux-Aurea saw the state that Thomas was in, and promptly took action to ease him down like how a mother would do with their crying and frightened child.