Chapter 9: His Lowest Point.

His horse galloped over the draw bridge and onto the cobblestone of a certain kingdom that he successfully won. The clouds over the crystal kingdom still haven't left as he then entered into the castle and into the stolen throne room. He was about to take his usual seat until he found someone else in it.

"Who the heck are you?!"

"Vinnie." The stranger replied. "I heard you have a little pest that needs to be dealt with?"

Boomer groaned in annoyance as he glared darkly at the mercenary. Much like Diesel 10, Vinnie was a real brute when it comes to his body build and also held a massive sword on his back. His hair was black, and his gear matched his dark blue eyes.

Glancing back at the pile of orb fragments, the mage sighed again, seeing no other option of getting the imbecile out of his throne.

"You can go ahead and try, but I'm warning you, the last person who tried to beat that boy with brute strength was slashed to death by his dual-wielding capabilities."

Vinnie just grinned devilishly.

"Oh. Don't worry! I'll have him dealt with sooner than you think." The brute leaped out of the window and began to make his way to the territory of Burnett's kingdom. Boomer meanwhile sighed and took a seat on his throne, wanting nothing more than to sleep before looking inside of the crystal he got from George.

"As ironic it sounds, I hope that boy slays THIS one."

He personally didn't like Vinnie.

Over at the Kingdom of Light, Thomas was sleeping soundly as the rays of the sun were blocked by the curtains of his window. Last night, he felt uncomfortable with the observation of how much knowledge he had on the special crystal that Lady managed to retrieve. He didn't want to be bothered, or at least for an extra hour or two. So he closed it, hoping that it would help him soothe himself down enough to have a restful night. Luckily, it did, and he was not shifting uncomfortably once.

Presently, the door creaked open, and some soft footsteps sounded from within. A certain teenager walked slowly towards the window and threw the curtains open. The rays immediately disturbed Thomas from his sleep as his eyes sat upon a certain golden-haired princess.

"Morning." Lady greeted sweetly.

"Hey." Thomas replied back. He let out a yawn, before stretching and stood up to wake. "Gosh! I overslept! I missed..."

"I know." Lady replied tenderly as she placed her hands on his cheeks. "You clearly didn't want to be bothered, so I let you sleep in as did Mum and dad. They'll be busy with the druids today, alongside Veronica and Proteus. It'll just be you and me today. Here! I even went to that one deli we like and picked up some sandwiches. Might as well have a secret date in those out skirting woods, right?"

He was a bit surprised by Lady's sudden choice to have a date, but yet again, the one he had with her the night before at the festival couldn't be considered as one since they were in public. All the same, the day did look ripe for one, so he might as well roll with it.

"Give me a bit to change, and then I'll see to it that the basket of sandwiches is hidden by a cloaking seal."

Lady smiled joyfully as she took in Thomas's words.

"Great! I'll see you in a few!"

She swiftly exited through the door, leaving Thomas a little concerned. True, Lady did care about him and love him, but something about right now seemed off. Un unbeknownst to him, Lady stood on the wall outside of his chambers shivering nervously.

"Will this be enough for him?" She thought, hoping that she would bring forth the message to Thomas that he didn't need to hold his burden alone.