Chapter 13: Silent No More.

The night carried on, as Lady slept soundly, knowing the guards of the very ranks that her family commanded were there to defend her. When morning came, Allen came walking through the halls. He spotted Lady exiting her chambers in her usual dress. He smiled creepily and decided to make an attempt to enjoy himself.

"Oh, Lady! Hello!"

Lady turned and yelped as she saw Allen coming towards her, she ran to the guards escorting her and promptly they barred his way.

"Guest or not! Keep your vile hands off of our princess!" One of them spat. "We're working under her father's orders! Now be off with you!"

Allen growled and grunted with displeasure as Lady hid behind the guards that defended her. She cautiously watched as he left the halls.

"I-I don't want him anywhere near me." She shuttered. "From how he looks at me, he wants to have me for unpleasant reasons."

"Precisely why we're escorting you everywhere today." The other guard spoke. "We'll make sure that he doesn't even have the chance to defile you. Even during the party that will be held tonight. You WILL be safe, your highness. We can guarantee that."

Lady smiled as she took in the guard's words. She was grateful for their help and protection, as well as their loyalty. They were determined to defend her at all costs and even had voiced it so.

"Thank you." She replied tearfully. "I-I know I'm good with a rapier, but unfortunately, Allen's gaze makes me freeze some. I'm grateful for your help and I truly mean it. Knowing how he approached me, I have reason to believe that Allen would become more determined during the party when I wear my formal dress. I'm counting on you both to prevent him."

"Heard you loud and clear, dearest princess." The first guard replied with a smile. "Now then, come. Let's bring you to the dining hall. Your family awaits."

Following the guards who were defending her, Lady smiled more, feeling very safe and pleased.

They were very respectful to her, as they should be.

Meanwhile, within the noble settlement, Percy Avonside and Rosie Vulcan were on a double date with James Hughes and Emily Stirling. The young men each having a bond of some kind with Thomas, they forged a friendship with one another after a brief training session ran by Henry.

Passing a magically run fountain the noble women laughed and smiled as their respective fiancés walked them carefully down the cobblestone path. They were moments from entering into a local bakery when footsteps sounded their way.

"Percy Avonside? James Huges?" A masculine voice spoke to them. Both couples glanced over and widened their eyes in surprise upon spotting a certain royal guard commander.

"Henry Stainer!" Emily exclaimed. "Good morning."

"A good morning to you too, Ms. Stirling." Henry replied. "Forgive me for saying this, but I will need to speak to your and Ms. Vulcan's fiancés."

Rosie and Emily became stern as they faced towards the commander seriously.

"Emily and I are excellent with magic and swords, commander Stainer." The noblewoman in pink blurted out. "The least you could do is let us in on whatever you need to talk to our boys about so we don't have to worry about us sitting on our rears as they run off to some mission that we don't know about!"

Henry shrunk a bit at a loss of words.

"Uh.... Alright." He sighed in defeat. "Heads up though, we will have to take this to an alley so the wrong people don't hear."

They all nodded and followed him to an alley nearby. Henry glanced about, making sure that the guards from the kingdom of ground were out of earshot.

"Okay." He exhaled, now seeing it all safe and okay to talk. He faced towards the four nobles and began to tell them the news. "As of last night, Allen and Landon's guards imprisoned Thomas in our dungeon."