13. Crazier

Mia's P.O.V.

Did you just ever feel like you've gone completely insane and delusional because you think you might love a certain someone and yet somehow - by an unfortunate fact - that someone might not feel the same way about you?
I mean don't you think someone you like ever feels that way about somebody else? That would suck. Big time.

I kissed Gavin Mason on the night of the dance last Christmas. It wasn't supposed to mean anything at the time because hey, he's my best friend's brother, the meanest winner/ sourest grape loser in game consoles and most importantly, he calls me cookie monster - I hated that as a kid. Other children on the block thinks I always eat cookie that's why I was so fat (I weighed more than a usual 8-year old kid) back then.

Where was I? Oh yeah, I kissed Gavin. Actually, to put in a more balanced and compromising situation - we kissed. He was gentle yet too excited at the time. How was I suppose to react to that? It was amazing! Probably the most amazing kiss I ever had. I was so sure he felt the same way, but as soon as we realized we're suppose to be hating and teasing each other - it suddenly felt weird and awkward. I mean I'm his sister's best friend and I just think it will ruin a lot of things.

We are now at the beach house where Sam and Ethan are having their few last dates before the two boys - Ethan and Gavin head back to USMA. It's only the best formal military schooling that both of them happen to go to.
"Hey what are you so thinking about?" Gav asked as he lift my little sister around his neck. My 5-year old sister Ruby loves to be carried around after having a full meal. Weird, I know but at least I won't carry her around this time! Man she's getting heavier and heavier each time.
We are walking around the beach after having dinner at the local restaurant and we are suppose to meet up with Sam and Ethan for bonfire in about an hour.
"Hey maybe we should drop by at some convenience store to buy ingredients for s'mores?" I ask Gav who's been awfully quiet since the two left for their date.
"Yeah sure." Sigh. Thank goodness he's got some sense to give me an answer. What is wrong with you Gav?
"Hey Rubs would like to shop for chocolates and marshmallows for tonight's bonfire?" He looked up to Rubs who's still sitting around his shoulders.
"Yey! I'd woved to! Did you hear that Mia? Bonfire tonight!" She said excitedly. It's cute how she can't pronounce some words.
"Yes honey I did. You can pick one treat inside the store for tonight." She shake up her hands in the air and do some imaginary air flips. Geez I love her more than life itself even if she annoys the heck out of me at times.

Gav was pushing our cart as Rubs sat in it. She was debating wether she would keep the jell-o or the huge lollipop as she knows perfectly well she can only take one.
We are still looking for the things we need for our bon fire tonight and all I could think about is to bring up this thing that is bugging my brains for a while now. I want it now because I couldn't risk Sam overhearing this - way too weird and frankly, just embarrassing.
I'm usually very talkative in front of many people and suddenly I'm lost for words for this man. I hated his guts when we were kids for crying out loud! He was mean to me and would often bully me at school when we were in 3rd grade. But now, one kiss - one kiss that we shared and it is starting to change everything between us. We weren't the same after that I know for sure. Okay so we're still trying to ignore the agonizing truth that we felt something that night by being 'normal' in front of my best friend (and his sister).

"So..." He shrugged, breaking my train of thoughts. "About what happened the night of our dance. You know..."

"Hey you guys!" Sam practically screamed from behind us. "Why are you both zoning out? I was calling both of your names like a hundred times already. What's up?" Sam breathed.

"We uhh," I said not knowing what to say.

"Were just discussing maybe you guys would watch over Ruby tonight since we baby sat her this morning maybe you can put her to sleep tonight."

"Weird. But yeah sure no problem." She said innocently. Does she know?

~~~~~~~~~~

The bon fire was big enough to warm just the five us. We set it up near the shore but not too near that the splash of each waves would kill the fire. It was almost 9PM and we made more s'mores that we thought. We finished a whole bag of huge marshmallows and 2 packs each of crackers and Hershey's chocolate. Boy we'll all be up tonight with all that sugar. Everybody had fun talking and just making fun of each other, even Gav and I managed to forget that we need to at least talk about that kiss we shared.

Sam and Ethan bid us good night as they promised to take Ruby down to sleep tonight. Ruby is old enough to not be taken care of during the night, but she wants someone to read her bedtime stories and such before dozing off. After they have left, Gav and I were left alone at the beach. He was still munching on his last s'mores as he finally let a word out of his mouth, "Would you like to take a walk?" I nod and off we go.

"I was thinking about what happened last year. You know..." I let out a sigh as I really didn't know how to phrase this.

"Hmm." Was all he answered. After a while, he turned to me and crashed his lips on mine - I felt weak on my knees. It was a very domineering yet gentle kiss. It's better than the first time. I was shocked but I managed to kiss him back with all the strength left in my body. I had to wrap my arms around his neck for support. He almost carried me up from the ground as I tip toed reaching his face. After we pulled away from each other, all I can say was "wow". My mind were all twisted and I can't help but grin on the song that came on from the radio near the life guard's station:

I'd never gone with the wind
Just let it flow
Let it take me where it wants to go
'Til you open the door
There's so much more
I'd never seen it before
I was trying to fly
But I couldn't find wings
But you came along and you changed everything

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Crazier - Taylor Swift

I also used the title of the song for the chapter title ;)

Author's Note:

Yey an earlier update than the last one. Sorry it took long. Again.
Anyway, How do you like this chapter? A different P.O.V. is one thing I've been wishing to try. I was gonna try a male's POV but it's so dang hard! I tried Mia's instead as I need to give a few perspective on her love life as well. I know it's a bit shorter than my usual, but I did it on purpose as I just wanted you guys to read about this small scene where she felt her own fairytale.

Enjoy xx

Also my Tumblr posts are mostly about this story! Follow/visit www.alexamerrick.tumblr.com to see the cast of ML <3

Comment/message me your thoughts!

-Alex