9. Fearless

In a single, throbbing moment in time, I fell hopelessly in love with a person I thought would be my forever. But the thing about saying or feeling forever is that it doesn't really have a tangible assurance. The short infinity that you once had will all be for nothing after you realize that things are not going the way you thought it would be.
This hit me when Liam left me for Ashley. I hate him for that but I am thankful it happened because I would not have met such a wonderful person like Ethan.

It's a shame that Ashley was completely locked up in the comfort of her home after Rev. Stalls found her pregnancy test in her trash bin that day when she was spotted buying it. If you're about to conceal a stupid thing you did, at least hide the evidence where your overly-religious father won't find it right? The negative white stick did made her punishment lighter than it could be if it was positive. Liam, on the other hand, is still trying to win me back for the past 2 months after he denied that he's the one who almost got Ashley pregnant. I have been avoiding him even more than I usually do because of his annoying insistence that he never really wanted Ashley in the first place and he even lied about the part that I did not let him explain his side of the story.
It took him 2 whole months to finally get over the fact that we're never ever getting back together, or at least that's what I observed. He just stopped showing up unexpected like he would after that brief, awkward and slightly violent encounter with him. And that's a good thing - I think.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be swamped with projects and paperworks this summer! Why did I ever had to take up too much subjects this semester?!" Mia complained petulantly while we are having our nails done at our favorite salon. But I know my best friend so well that it made me wonder why the sudden annoyance. She was a straight A student back in high school and she would love to always get extra credit whenever possible just to keep her grades on top.
"Isn't that Christmas for you?" I asked sarcastically.
"Yeah but I was thinking maybe I could have extra time this summer to galavant."
"And where do you plan on going?" Curious as to where she could possibly be going when I am the one who's always with her and I don't recall any plans for this Summer.
"Nowhere. Hey I'm thinking of getting a haircut, what do you think of pixie?" She asked changing the subject.
"I think it'll suit you. That short hair of yours that you've had since forever is getting out of style," I teased.
"Okay pixie cut it is. If Emma Watson and JLaw can pull it off, I'm sure I would look okay," she said mindlessly tugging her above-the-shoulder-length hair. "Do it pixie style this time Esteban," Mia continued as she smiles to her hair dresser.

~~~~~~~~~~

April came by fast when you try not to anticipate the probability of your possible man-candy to arrive back in town for a week. But the late night texts and weekly calls sometimes made it impossible for me to get excited about seeing him. I can't believe that he can manage to make me smile just through text messages and phone calls.
That's why it's a good thing that USMA students are allowed to go home for a week this summer because I couldn't get more excited than I already am about seeing him. Also Gav just called my mother this morning to confirm his arrival at 8pm tomorrow. So mom's been busting her ass cleaning up his room and preparing her meal plan for tomorrow since Gav always miss her cooking.

I slept around 3am last night because Ethan and I were chatting. I was suppose to sleep early but Mia and I don't have any plans in the morning and also I'm about to see him tomorrow evening anyway, I still stayed up late talking to him.
"Good morning sweetheart. It's already past noon. Please get ready for dinner and dress into something decent," mom said while she's shaking my shoulders. Why do I need to dress up nice? I see my brother everyday for the past 18 years and I never have to be decent in front of him at home.
"I know what you're thinking young lady, just go and shower before dinner tonight unless you want Ethan to see you in your PJs." Oh my Gosh! "Is he really?" I answered with husky and hushed voice. "Yes he's coming, I invited his mom, which was, by the way, my friend in college. A happy coincidence if you ask me. Oh and it's gonna be a sit-down dinner so clean up well honey," she said as she was about to get out of my room. "Oh and call Mia if she's not too busy," she continued.