14. Never Grow Up

Dedicated to @Jinx02021 for following me and liking each chapters in Military Love ❤️

Thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone! This story will not be possible without your support 🤘🏻

~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Sam's P. O. V.

"How come the poor little girl gets to kiss the prince?" Ruby asked as I said the magic words that signals the end of a fairy tale:
and they lived happily ever after

I used to think that the idea of a "happily ever after" never happens in real life. Alright yeah it does on your magical wedding day. But after that, then what? Mia's parents are divorced, separated for a while before the ugly filing of those stupid papers. I was there for her when that tragic thing happened to her family. I, on the other hand, lost my dad on a tragic accident. So much for a real life happy ever after, eh?

I stare at Rubs for a while before answering her question, "Well she's not like any body else. She loves the prince because of who he really is," I answered. All along I feel Ethan's gaze towards me. I know he's been staring at me all this time, not making any comment nor movement. He's just there waiting for Ruby to fall asleep.

For a second I thought about how simple life can be when you're just a little kid. No drama and worry-free. I sometimes wish I had a little sister or brother so I'll have someone to take care while Gav is away. To take care of a younger sibling like Gav does to me.

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up*

When the little rascal hit the cushions and finally dozed off, Ethan and I went out and plopped down in the living room waiting for Gav and Mia.
When they finally arrived, the both of them sat in at the other side of the couch as if wanting to start an awkward conversation.
But no... They just shrugged and then Mia said, "So I'll probably turn in, it's a bit late. Good night guys," and off she went to our room sliding inside awkwardly where a now sleeping Ruby is settled down.
Breaking another silence, I said, "You really need to admit what's going on with you two!" I practically yelled at Gav.
He just scratched the back of his head and looked down. Geez he's such a boy!
"I like her okay." He finally said with annoyance and relief in his voice.
"So that's good! Did you tell her that?" I asked.
"Well... Not in those exact words, or any word for that matter," he said, his brow creases.
"Wha--?!" I'm speechless. She's my best friend and he's my brother! If there's any woman I'd like to see my brother with, it should be her! Sure it's awkward at some point, but she's Mia! They practically know each other since we were kids!
I saw Ethan hide his smile as I became unsurprisingly furious. "We kissed twice, she should know by now that I like her!"
"That makes it even worse. What the hell Gav, girls aren't like that. We love to hear you guys say it! That's probably why she looks confused and weird when she came in and every time I ask about you two!" Okay, Samantha Carter is taking the lead tonight. "Ethan and I are taking the room on the other side and you are going to talk her up all night," I said without a pause. Ruby is a heavy sleeper, she's not gonna wake up even if her sister babbles so loud.
"Heck no! No way you guys are spending the night in one bed."
"Don't change the subject brother," and with that I grabbed Ethan's arm and off we go to the supposedly boy's room. Gav did not stop me anymore, he'd definitely love to spend the night with Mia. I'll ask her every details when I get the chance.

~~~~~~~~~~

"God I love it when you're bossy," Ethan said as he closed the door. I couldn't help but notice that he locked it immediately after.
"That's too sexy babe," he continued while he was walking towards me. I was flustered. What is this man doing to me? I was sitting on the edge of the bed and he kneeled in front of me, grabbing my face as he crashed his soft lips on mine - moving in sync, he pushed his tongue on mine. I couldn't imagine any kiss being better than this. All this time we long to be alone, well this vacation is suppose to be only us anyway - I just wasn't ready for that kind of 'hang-out'. My being virgin Mary isn't my concern here, I just don't know if I can do that with him just yet. I never gave that up to Liam, but I wasn't gonna give it up to Ethan tonight. I'm still not ready. But don't get me wrong - if I'm brave enough, I would. It's just that... It's complicated really. But he makes me feel so giddy and loved. I may forget my virtues and give it to him because I love this man so much! But not now, not when my brother and best friend is just across the hall for Pete's sake.

We should stop now.

Maybe a bit more?

No! We need to stop, really.

Wait just... Oh.

My body defied my thoughts as I wrapped my legs around his waist after my back hit the soft cushions of the four poster bed. He was kissing the crook of my neck and all I could do was feel all the shooting pleasures from his moan. We never got this far, and right now it's the best thing I have ever felt in forever.

Sure being a virgin makes it easier to resist this temptation. I'd love to share this kind of bond with the person I'm marrying - probably why Liam had to cheat on me with Ashley.
"Stop me," he whispered while he nibble my ear lobes and travelled down to my chest. "Babe, tell me to stop before this goes any further."
Do I want him to stop?
I got back to my genius senses. "Okay stop." I said pulling away from his soft, gentle and loving kisses. He stopped and rested his head on mine with both our breathing ragged.
"I love you Samantha Mason."
"And I love you Ethan Carter."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Ours - Taylor Swift

I also used the title of the song for the chapter title ;)

Author's Note:

I know I've been updating real slow. I hope you still like this though.
Also all chapters are not edited yet, I will still edit them all soon.

Enjoy xx

Also my Tumblr posts are mostly about this story! Follow/visit www.alexamerrick.tumblr.com to see the cast of ML <3

Comment/message me your thoughts!

-Alex