Soulmates

Hey. Ik that no one is even reading these but umm if u are reading my stories, Hi thank you<3

This one is just off the top of my head so sorry if it's not good :)

My mother always used to tell me "one day you will find your soulmate. When you do you'll know it!" I don't know if I have met mine yet but what I do know is that Carl is my bestfriend. I'd do anything for him as he would for me. We are practically attached at the hip. Everywhere he goes, I go. Everywhere I go, he goes.

"May?" Carl's sweet voice said.

"Hmm?" I said.

"You okay?"

"Yeah why?" I said confused.

"You kinda zoned out." He smiled.

"Oh." I felt my face blush.

I had gone over to Carl's house to hang out. We were sitting on the bed chatting. Carl went on talking about when he was little. I guess I got bored and zoned out. I had been doing that alot. Zoning out and thinking about Carl's and I's friendship was just something I did now.

"Hey, did you wanna go over the walls with me?" He asked.

"What, tonight?" I said.

"Yeah. I found a cool hangout I think you'll like." He said it like a little kid.

That's one thing I loved about him. When Carl got excited about things he acted like a little kid. It was adorable.

"Uh yeah, sure." I said with a smile.

"Okay, cool." He responded.

Later that night I met with Carl by the back wall. I had a blanket and my backpack with things in it. Carl only had his gun and knife. He also had something wrapped up in his blanket.

"What's in the blanket?" I whispered.

"Nothing." He smirked.

"Carl." I said teasing him.

"Wait till were over the walls." He said.

I nodded but in reality I wanted, needed to know what he had. I am very impatient and nosy when it comes to secrets. Last time Carl had a secret from me I went nuts just trying to figure out what it was.

We finally got over the wall and into the edge of the woods. I followed Carl through the woods and to a tree with a ladder.

"Here it is." He said smiling.

"Umm....okay..." I didn't know what I was looking at.

"I thought you'd be more excited." He said with a straight face.

"No, no I am just. What is it?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

"It's a treehouse." He said like I was stupid. "Have you never seen a tree house before?"

"I have. But usually there is a couple walls and a roof." I chuckled.

"May, not everyone is perfect." He said looking at me while climbing the ladder.

I followed him and he helped me up. Since there was no roof or walls you could see the whole night sky when you layed down.

"Carl this is beautiful." I said laying on my blanket.

"Yeah." He said.

I turned my head to see Carl staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I- uh- nothing." He said. His face went red.

"Okay sure." I said looking back up to the stars.

After a couple minutes of silence I went to say something.

"Carl-" I was cut off.

"Wait can I talk?" He said.

"Sure."

"May I know we have been friends for a while. I will always be here for you but this past couple months I've developed...feelings....for...you." He hesitated.

"Oh, um." Was all I could get out.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same." He said sitting up.

I sat up too and before I knew it I kissed him. I don't know why I did or what made me do it but I just did. I kissed Carl and he kissed me back. It felt right. We pulled away and I was blushing really bad as was he.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said looking at him. "I guess it's like my mom used to say."

"What do you mean?"

"She used to say that I'd find my soulmate and when I did I'd know it." I said.

"And?" He asked.

"And I think I found my soulmate." I said smiling.

Next thing I knew Carl pulled me back in and kissed me again more passionately this time.

_________________________________

It's been about 2 years. Me and Carl have been together since that night in the treehouse.

"Mommy?" A small voice called out.

"Yes darling?" I picked up my daughter.

Our daughter. Mine and Carl's kid. Our beautiful daughter. Her beautiful curly brown hair went very well with her hazel eyes. This was our creation and I could never ask for anything better.

"Where's daddy?" She asked with her face on my shoulder.

"He's out on a run sweetheart. Why? What's wrong?" I asked brushing her hair out of her face.

"I miss him." She said.

"He'll be back soon hun." I said setting her down.

"Okay!" She said running into the living room.

Next thing we knew the door opened. It was Carl. They must have gotten back from the run early. He put his finger to his lips. I pointed in the living room. Next thing I knew I heard a squeal.

"Daddy!" She yelled.

"Hi bunny! How was today?" He asked picking her up.

I always knew Carl would be a great dad since he had taken care of Judith for her whole life. If something went wrong Judith was the first person he worried about.

"It was great!" She squealed.

"Yeah? That's good." He said.

"Me and mommy made cookies!" She said.

"You and mommy made cookies!? Wow!"

"Yeah and you have to wait." I said with a smirk.

"Ah what? No fair." He whined.

"Yeah daddy, you have to wait." She told him.

"Well they must be some really good cookies if I have to wait." He joked.

I hope ya'll like this one. I really enjoyed writing it :)