Hide and Sleep?

HEY GUYS! IM BACK AGAIN OFC! I JUST WANNA SAY SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES IN MY SPELLING. IT IS NOT ONE OF MY STRONG SUITS LOL.

ANYWAYS, I DIDNT HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS SHORT STORY. I KINDA JUST AM GONNA YOLO IT!

"Carl!" I've been looking for this boy all over the prison now. We have chores to do and he hasn't shown up for any of them. "Carl, where the hell are you!? We have chores to do!"

Carl is known to hide when we have chores assigned together. I don't know why he hides. I'm not a bad person. Or I don't think I am. Am I? What no. No I'm not he's just an asshole.

"Carl Grimes! Get you're ass out here now! We have chores god damn it!" I yell in a stern voice.

"Language miss y/l/n. There are small children here." Glenn tells me peaking his head out his cell.

"Sorry Glenn, but he is really making me mad. He does this crap everytime we have chores." I say walking towards him.

"Is it really 'everytime' though?" He asks.

"Yes Glenn. Every. Single. Damn. Time." I roll my hands to fists. "And I'm sick and tired of doing it all by myself."

"Fine. How about I help you and when we're done we can look for him, sound good?" He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't wanna take away from you're day off though." I say.

"If it keeps you from teaching the kids bad words." He chuckles.

"Okay, thanks." I smile.

Glenn was nice enough to help me wash and hang the clothes, do the dishes, dry them, and put them away. He was especially helpful when I had to empty the water barrel and refill it with clean water to drink. Then we had to feed the pigs and we were done.

"Alright. Go find Carl now?" He asked.

"Yeah and kick his ass while I'm at it." I half joke.

"Okay goofball, let's go." He laughs.

Glenn has always been like a father figure to me. Since I joined their group him and Maggie kind of 'adopted' me as theirs. Since Rick already has Carl and Judith anyways. Personally I don't think Rick parents Carl enough but who am I to say that. I'm only 14 and in no justice to have an opinion on parenting skills. My parents were never really there for me or my siblings.

"Where should we start?" I ask Glenn since he's been here longer.

"Well, knowing Carl he is either hiding in his cell-"

"Nope he isn't. I looked." I cut him off.

"Okay scratch that. He could be-"

We were cut off by screaming and yelling coming from the front fence. There was Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl. Wait! Son of a bitch! Carl! This little-

"Come on!" Glenn yelled to me while running to the fence.

The fence had issues already in the past but it never got this bad. The posts that Rick and Daryl put up months ago were failing. Now we're holding the fence to try and push the walkers back and fix the posts.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice says.

I look over my shoulder to see Carl. "I'm helping obviously." I say in a confused tone. "What do you mean?"

"I thought we had chores you needed to do?" He says.

"Yeah! That WE as in me AND you need to do!" I laugh and continue to push the fence.

He get a look on his face like he knows I'm right but doesn't want to admit it. That's fine though cause the chores are done and he can think what he wants. I don't care anymore.

"GUYS PUSH HARDER!" Rick yells to us all.

We continue pushing until Rick and Daryl get the post's back in place.

"Good job team! Now we just gotta reinforce them." Rick says.

I look at Carl but to no surprise he's gone. He is better than some escape artists. Like how does one slip away so quick and so unnoticed. I head back to the cells and straight to his cell. As I'm a foot away his curtain moves. He has to be in there.

"Carl." I say as I move the curtain. "Why won't you-" He's asleep. He looks so pleasant and like he's still a little kid not 15 years old. I couldn't bother him, not when he is so peacefully asleep. I guess I'll forgive him just for now though.

"Why are you staring?" He groans.

I jump. "Oh, uh. I'm- what? No, I'm not staring." I say in an embarrassed voice.

"Yes you were. You're staring." He repeats not amused.

"Well- umm- you looked very peaceful and I didn't want interrupt you. Sorry." I say in a low voice.

"Well you did interrupt me. So what did you want?" He says sitting up.

"Oh, nothing important. It can wait." I say as I pull the curtain back.

"No, tell me. You came here, now tell me." He said sternly.

"Okay, fine." I sat in the chair in the corner. "Why won't you do chores with me? Like I don't think I'm a bad person. But did I do or say something to you that made you mad?"

"What? Y/n you're not a bad person. I've been doing alot of extra work to help my Dad and I was gonna tell you but I hadn't gotten the chance yet cause I've been so tired." He said in a lower voice.

"Gosh I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Wait. You haven't heard anything I've said about you right?" I say in an oh shit kind of tone.

"Umm I don't think so, unless you mean when you walk around screaming for me then yes." He laughs.

"Oh." I blush. "I'm sorry. You we're just really pissing me off."

"Trust me Y/n it's okay." He smiles.

"Well then, I'm glad we're okay again." I say.

"Yeah. Me too." He says.

AHHH ANOTHER ONE DONE BITCHES! IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN! I HOPE THIS ONE MAKES SENSE. LIKE I SAID I YOLO IT. HEHE <3