Are We Still Friends?

Hey guys, ik it has been quite a while but here is a new part for yall. Have fun reading! Love you!

Fuck. The sun is already coming up. I didn't sleep at all last night. This is the third time I've done this.

"Hey! Y/n!" Said a voice

I got up and looked out of my window. Jax. That's who the voice came from.

Jax just joined Alexandria about four months ago. He is really sweet and yeah he is quite cute too. From the brown curly hair to the little bit of chub he has, he caught my eye instantly.

"Y/n?" He said again

Shit. "Yeah, sorry! What's up?" I smiled

"Come down, I wanna ask you something." He smiled back

"Okay! I'm coming!"

Ugh....I'm so tired. The last thing I wanna do is leave my house. I really need to get my sleep fixed cause this isn't fun.

I get to the front door and grab my jacket. It is a little chilly out since it's the beginning of fall. Jax and Carl come around the corner.

"Wow, you look like shit." Carl giggled

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes

Jax blushed a little. "I think you look nice." He smiled

"T-thank you."

Carl just looked at me with a look like "are you done yet?".

"Anyways, what did you wanna tell me?" I say zipping my jacket.

"Oh, well Carl and I are going on a run later today and wanted to know if you'd like to go with?" Jax said

"Hmm...How long will we be out?" I asked

"I believe 2 days." Carl said

"Okay. Sure ill go with yall." I said smiling

Jax smiled and Carl nodded. I went to sit on my bench and Carl joined me. Jax left to get things together.

Carl and I have been best friends since I came here a year and a half ago. We do everything together. Well...until Jax showed up. The day Jax came here, Carl changed. We didn't do everything together, he rarely came over to play board games, and never wanted to go on runs with me. I don't know what his issue is. It's not like Jax has anything on him. Carl is much stronger, smarter, and tougher. While Jax is okay with a gun or knife and he isn't exactly strong or tough. But we need anyone we can get our hands on.

"What's up?" I asked Carl who was standing in front of me now.

"What is up with you and him? Like get a room already." He rolled his eyes.

"Uh, excuse me? There is nothing up with us. We are friends." I said with a disgusted look on my face. "What is up with you?"

"Me?" He huffed. "Nothing. I'm fine."

"Really? Cause you haven't been very nice to me since he showed up." I said standing up next to Carl.

"Heh, sure if that's what you think." He turned towards me.

"It's not what I think. It's what I know, Carl." I pushed his shoulder and walked to my front door.

Carl turned around and just stared at me. "Where you going?" He said rudely.

"In my house, dumbass. You should go to yours too. We leave soon." I didn't even look at him. I just went in and closed the door.

What the fuck is wrong with him? He's never acted like this before. It's not cool or funny if that's what he thinks this is. It honestly hurts a little.