As It Was

Hehe if yall like Harry Styles you'll appreciate the title. Anyways this is another one I had no plan for. It is currently 10:27 am Sept 1 2022 and I just woke up not even 5 minutes ago lol. So sorry if this one is absolutely dog shit. I'm like half asleep still. Love yall <3 Also I made a character :)

Ever since we lost the prison life hasn't been the same. We're all on foot, separated, and have barely anything. I got unlucky and am by myself currently. I just hope I find the rest of the group.

I have passed multiple dead walkers so I must be getting closer so someone, anyone, even if they aren't from the group.

God do I miss them. Especially Carl. Me and him are bestfriends and I don't know what I'd do without him. This week of walking without his stupid jokes and getting poked every 5 minutes. I miss it. I miss...I miss him.

*crack*

I jump. "Shit. Hello?" I whisper yell.

Another crack and the figure gets closer. Once I can make him out I can see him clearly. A priest. All black with the white collar.

"I don't have any weapons!" He yells out of breath.

"Umm okay..." I trail off. "So, what are you doing then?" I reach for my knife just in case.

He gets even closer. "Were you with a group?"

A group? Oh my god. My group!? Does he know where they are!?

"Why?" I say in a monotone voice.

His face lights up a little. "Well, I have a church and this small-ish group found me, okay?"

"Okay? Just get to the point!"

"Well they asked if I had seen anyone else with your description come by." He said with a smile.

"Uh- I- I don't know."

"That's okay, really. I get it. You don't know me. But trust me they are safe and I'm not like some people you might meet."

"Yeah. Umm I guess, sure." I say as he's waits for me to follow.

We have been walking for what felt like ages when I finally see the top of the church. Getting closer I can see Rick and Michonne boarding windows. Carl has Judith on his lap sitting on the steps. I feel tears forming in my eyes. I've missed them so much.

"Hey, umm Rick?" He says.

They all look at us and Carl stands up with a smile on his face. I feel the tears roll down my face.

"Julie?" I hear Maggie say.

Maggie was like a mom to me. After my mom got bit, she offered to take me under her wing.

"Maggie." I say as I run to her tears still on my face. "I thought I'd never see you all again. God I'm so happy to see you guys." I pull away and look at Carl.

"You're okay." I say walking over to him. He had given Judith to Bob for the time being.

"I thought you were dead." He pulls me into a tight hug. "Jul I'm so sorry I left you. I went to look for you but my Dad was pulling me saying we had-"

"Carl it's okay. We're all back as a group again." I say with a smile.

"Yeah but it'll never be the same."

"Nothing in this world will ever be as it was."

I don't know guys this one isn't the best. It don't really make sense either but I hope yall still like it. <3