Accept Me Please

Hey guys! I'm back, again, obvi. This story will deal with the LGBTQ+ community fyi. It has to do with the character I make up wanting to feel accepted. I hope yall will like it! <3

I don't understand what is happening but I have been getting crazy butterflies when I'm around Enid. She's one of my bestfriends so I figure I just feel safe. But it's the kind of butterflies you get when you see your crush in the school hallway. I don't like girls though. Right? I mean I used to like Carl but I could never like Enid. At least I don't think I could.

"Hey Rena!"

I turn to see Enid run towards me. Shit. "Oh, hey Enid."

She sits next to me. "What are you doing?"

"Just thinking. You?" I say trying not to blush.

"Just wanted to see if you'd like to go over the wall with me, Ron, and Carl tonight." She smiles.

"Oh, umm- well-" I stutter. "Yeah I'd love too." I say with a forced smile.

"Yes!" She hugs me. "Okay see you tonight then!" She yells running back to her house.

I look out at the pond with butterflies making me feel so sick to my stomach. She hugged me. Hugged. Me. I get up and walk to Carl's house cause I have to tell him.

"Carl!" I yell walking in his front door. "I gotta talk."

"In my room, Rena." He yells back.

I head up to his room and sit on the bed. "We're bestfriends right?"

"Yeah?" He looks confused.

"And I can tell you anything right?"

"Well yeah. Of course, always."

I sit there staring at the floor. Trying to think of what to tell him. I think I have a crush on Enid. Don't hate me though. No, no no no. I think I like girls but like I don't really know. God Rena. Why can't I just be normal? Why me? What is even happening to me?

"...Rena?" He taps my shoulder.

"Huh?" I look at him.

"Did you wanna talk or...?"

"Oh yeah umm." I can feel tears fill my eyes cause I don't wanna lose my bestfriend. "I- umm. I- I think-. Well. I like girls, I think."

He just stares at me. Why is he staring? I need an answer. The tears are rolling down my face and I just can't help it.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to answer me. This stupid cause I don't even really know. I'll just go ba-" I say trailing off.

"That's okay." He says pulling me into a hug. "I'll always be here for you. You figure this out and I still listen then. It doesn't change anything."

I start crying even harder not of sadness or anger but relief cause I still have Carl, my bestfriend. The one person there for me will be there all the time.

"Carl?" I say through my tears.

"Yeah?"

"It's getting dark out. Shouldn't we be meeting Enid and Ron soon?"

He looks out the window. "Oh. Heh, yeah I guess so." He smiles. "Do you need to get anything?"

"No but Carl?" I pause. "Please let's not say anything to them, okay?"

"What!? Of course not! Never! Not until you want to."

I smile. "Thank you." We head out of his house and over to the wall where Enid and Ron are. I start to feel anxious but try to hide it. Carl notices cause he smiled at me like 'hey its gonna be okay'.