One

Four months ago, Kelsey would be asking her parents a question about her homework or going to Brittany's, now, she can't. They were gone snd things changed. She was a bit closed off as she dealt with her brother and sister arguing. She knew Jeremy was just easing his pain and Elena, well, she broke up with Matt and is writing in a diary.

The only people Kelsey could talk to was Brittany and Caroline. Elena kept Bonnie busy talking to her. She walked to her desk and picked up a picture of her and her friends. Another one of her and her brother, the twins, and then one with Elena. The one picture she looked at one the wall was of her parents holding her and Jeremy at birth.

"Kelsey, are you coming?"

"Yeah." She says. "Just thinking."

Jeremy walked over to her and hugged her. "You still have me."

"I know."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go to school and have fun. Plus, Brittany owes me."

Kelsey shook her head. Jeremy and Brittany always had a brother and sister bond, but right now, they are at each other's throats. All because Brittany doesn't want him to get hurt by Vicki Donavan.
~~~
At school, Kelsey was walking back to Brittany's locker thinking about how this year will go. She wasn't paying attention till she fell to the floor. "Are you okay?"

Kelsey started laughing. "I'm fine." She says as she looked up at him. "Hi."

"Hi. I'm Stefan."

"Kelsey."

"Can you help me?"

"Of course." She says biting her lip.

Elena walked out from behind Jeremy to see her sister with the new guy. Brittany watched them walk by and looked at Caroline. "A December wedding." They said.

"If he chooses her." Caroline says.

"I think he will pick her." Brittany says. "Just by the way he looks at her."

"Yep." Caroline says. "Let's follow them."

Brittany laughed as they ran together. Elena wondered how can she get the new guy's attention.
~~~
When history came, Kelsey sat beside the empty seat digging through her bag for her pencil. When the door opened, Kelsey wasn't even looking as she still couldn't find her pencil till one was put in front of her face. She looked up and smiled. "Hi."

"I think you dropped this."

Kelsey smiled as she took the pencil from Stefan. Elena looked back and tried to get his attention, but his attention was on her little sister. Stefan saw her looking making him smile. Kelsey looked to see the glare on her sister's face causing her to look at Stefan. "That's not a good sign..."

"Don't do whatever she wants, Kelsey. I actually want to know you better." He says.

Kelsey smiled as Brittany looked at her sister. "Told you there was a connection." She says. "But if you choose Elena's side then it shows who your truly friends with. I'll stick with Kelsey and Caroline."

Once the bell rang, Stefan watched as Kelsey was the only one gathering her things causing him to help. She looked up at him smiling. "You didn't..."

"But I wanted to."

Elena walked over to them as Kelsey stood up. "I don't know who you are, but I'm sure you can find someone better than my little sister."

Stefan was shocked as Kelsey glared not seeing the pencil in her hand as she was ready to hit her. "I'm fine with the girl I'm speaking too." He tells her causing Kelsey to look at him shocked. "I believe that us bumping into each other is a sign and you...you're just wanting me because I'm new. That won't happen." He looked at Kelsey. "Come on, Kelsey."

Kelsey didn't say a word as she walked away with Stefan. "I cannot believe you did that. Elena always gets the guy."

"Not this time." He says. "I want to know you, Kelsey."

Kelsey smiled as she kissed his cheek. "I would like to know you too."

Elena watched flabbergasted that the new guy was interested in her little sister. "Why her?"

"Because you aren't the only girl on this planet and Kelsey has this arua that people love to be around."

Elena walked away as Brittany shook her head.
~~~
In just two days, Kelsey and Stefan couldn't get enough of each other's company. Caroline and Brittany gave him the talk. Bonnie was a bit unsure and Elena, well the girl was going to be upset and there's nothing she can do because she's scared of Kelsey Gilbert.

Stefan saw Kelsey talking to Brittany causing him to cover her eyes. "Guess who?"

"Hmmm. Is he the guy that has made me smile within two days?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

Kelsey turned and smiled as she looked at him. "Hi."

"Hi."

"I'm going to leave you two alone...." Brittany ran off causing Kelsey to roll her eyes laughing.

"Wrong way, Britt!"

"Shut up."

Stefan laughed. "I can tell that she's your best friend."

"Her and Caroline will be my number one. Brittany thinks she's a witch."

Stefan looked at her. "Maybe she can learn a lot about her ancestors."

"That's what's she's doing. She's got me doing the same."

Stefan nodded. "Instead of going to the Falls, can I take you on a date?" He asked as she looked at him. "That way I can know you better."

"Sure." She tells him. "I would love that."

Kelsey GilbertрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ