Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Eden began fixing my outfit, straightening my jacket, tying my tie. She didn't look happy or thrilled but she still made me look nice for my portend date. Every now and then she'd look up at me and give me a smile and mess my hair. Styling the odd bits of hair that wouldn't stay in place.

'Am I done yet?' I asked chuckling. She's been stood messing with my clothes and hair for nearly an hour. She made me spin around and she looked me up and down. I was dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans that were a little baggy on me, a pale blue shirt, a slim black tie and my jacket. She made me put on a pair of smart shoes. I think I look like a monkey in a suit. But I'm not going to upset her, seen as she spent so long dressing me.

'I guess you look presentable. When do you leave to pick Aubrey up?' She sounded happy, but I could see through the mask she'd put up. The happiness in her voice was fake. She didn't have the musical tune to it and it was all said in a monotone.

'Ten minutes. Ralf is letting me borrow his car.' I said looking down at her. How can we be so close but yet be so far. There's so much tension between us, and I could make it go away with a few words. And I really want to say those words so much. I want this torture of not having her to hold and not being about to call her mine to be over.

'You can't drive that death trap so you can borrow my car.' I think she might be okay with me going on a date with Aubrey. I mean she's letting me use her car for my date. She's making sure that I look good for my date. I nod in appreciation and she passes me her keys.

'Have you changed your bandage?' I ask, she really needs to change them. The doctor said she need to change them other wise she'll get an infection and end up landing herself a week in a hospital bed. She turned away from me and I knew the answer. I grabbed the wrist of her bag hand and pulled her into the bathroom. When I unravelled the bandages the wounds looked clean. 'This is going to hurt a little.' I pulled out an alcohol free wipe and lightly wiped it over the rounds. I can hear her gritting her teeth and suck in.

'You need to go on your date. Aubrey will kill me if your late. I'll wrap them back up.' She told me sternly and gave me the glare. She took the bandages out of my had and put them on the counter and started fixing her hand. 'What are you still doing here? Go on.' Her eyes were a little glassy but she turned her head away from me so I couldn't see her. But she didn't move quick enough. I gave her a reluctant look but left anyway. I took Eden's car and drove towards Aubrey house. I have no idea where she lives but she text me the address and GPS is taking me to the address. When I pulled up at Aubrey's house she's stood out side.

I must admit she looks nice. She's wearing a old fashion type of dress in a ruby red colour with a white collar. She had a little white belt around her waist and red ballet pumps on. God I hate having a fashion designer as a mum. She climbed into my/Eden's car, she didn't say a word and didn't look at me.

'So where we going?' She asked with a scowl. She didn't sound too enthusiastic. To be honest I'm not too thrilled either.

'I'm hungry for a Subway.' I said starting to drive. Aubrey looked at me and sent me a death glare.

'Even if this is a pretend date, I expect to be taken some were nice. I want to go to Nando's or Frankie and Benny's.' She hissed at me, what the hell is Nando's? I let out a sigh and found the closest Frankie and Benny's. A half American and half Italian restaurant. It reminds me of the little diner that I've been going to all week. I wish we'd gone there instead.