Chapter 8

Chapter 8

This is dedicated to my best friend Beth Titchmarsh (AddictedWriter26) Thank you for giving me the idea and then bugging the life out of me to write it and post it. And congratulations on Kacey Robert Haller. I can't wait until he's born. (5th of July!!!) And I'm away on holiday.

:'( Anyway onto the story.

Eden's been refusing to come out of her room all day, she's been in there since we came home from the party last night. She hasn't spoken to me since Aubrey asked me to the party. She hasn't looked at me since Aubrey asked me on a second date. After about two and a half minutes of thinking I came to the conclusion that she's possibly pissed off and actually thinks I'm over her. And that I've truly broken her heart.

'Beth what have I done. She won't look at me, she won't talk to me, she won't come out of her room. I actually think I've broken her heart,' I rested my hands on my knees and buried my face in my hands 'What have I done?' I moaned to Beth.

'Oh hun. Look at me,' She said sternly yet soothingly. I looked the computer screen to see Beth and Kade. Kade's fast asleep, snoring, on Beth shoulder. Beth is giving me advise on how I can fix what I fucked up on. 'That's the plan. It's cruel and mean and heartless. But every thing will work out in the end.' Her voice so soothing. I don't understand what she means.

'W-what do you mean Beth? That doesn't make sense.' I asked. I heard a deep sigh.

'Okay. Eden thinks your over her, that's why she made up Ralf her boyfriend and based it on her brother-' She started.

'Why is she over me?' I butted in.

'Did I sound finished? Nope, so stay quiet. When you went over there she was all over you, but you felt like she wasn't all there. Like she didn't really want you. And she admitted that to me over the computer. Jesse, she loves you but she's not sure if she's in love with you. The point of the plan is to reassure her that she loves you. She's so jealous of Aubrey at the moment, but she's not sure if its love or if she just pissed that your flirting with her best friend,' She paused for a few moments to think. 'She's so unsure of her feelings. Do you want her back without her loving you like she used to?' She asked. It was a straight forward question with a straight forward answer.

'Yes.' I replied immediately. I still love more than ever, but what Beth's telling me is ripping my heart out of my chest. It feels like she stood on my heart wear platform shoes and holding a knife to it. But I know what's she's saying is true.

'By making her jealous, making her wait we're letting her heart figure out that actually she loves you more than ever and missed you more than ever. And that when she thought you we're over her that she was upset, and that she didn't fall out of love with you. So you understand it a bit better?' She asked. I took several moments to think about it, it was becoming clearer. I nodded and she smiled at me, a small sympathetic one. I miss having her around. I could talk to her about my problems with Eden because she understood her more than I understood her. Girls understood each other better. They have like telepathy or something like that. Eden talks to Aaron a lot because he understand me a lot better.

This six months we've been apart we've lost each other, it almost feels like she's just come to live with us in our house again. It took us a while to get to know each other and all that time it pained me that I didn't know her better. And I feel that pain now. I want to get to know her again. I want to be able to make her feel like she can trust me again and that I can keep her safe.