Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A week later the plan was in full swing. The four of us – Beth, Aubrey, Ralf and I - had spent the week planning Friday night. We'd covered every bit of detail, from how we're going to say it to what drinks we where having. It took a lot of hours of planning to get to what was going to happen tonight.

On Wednesday Ralf had been invited to party on the upcoming Friday by one of his friends. And that's when the planning began

-Rewind to Wednesday-

'Aubrey said she'll be here in a couple minutes.' Ralf informed me, as I text Beth to get onto Skype. We where sat in the sixties diner that we had breakfast in a few days before. Only this time we where here for a different purpose. Aubrey slid into the booth as Beth logged onto her computer. I clicked accept call and her face appeared on the screen.

'So what's going on?' Beth asked.

'Who's that?' Aubrey asked confused.

'This is Beth, my brothers girlfriend and Beth this is-' I started gesturing them to each other. But half way through I was cut off by Beth.

'Ralf her half-brother. We've spoke before,' Beth informed me with a grin. 'How are things over there?' She asked.

'All good,' Ralf replied putting his arm around Aubrey and pulling her closer. Aubrey giggled and blushed. I remember not too long ago it was me and Eden doing that. I'd pull her into me, to protect her from the outside world and to have her close to me. Eden would blush, especially when my mum was around her cheeks would turn beet red.

I miss it so much.

'How's the baby? What's it a girl or a boy?' Ralf asked.

'Fine, but I'm huge. I look like I swallowed a globe. Kade and I want to keep it a secret. We don't even want to know. My stomach is so swallow my laptop is rested on it, as well as my dinner and homework.' Beth moaned as she said homework. School maybe be over but Beth has to do extra credit. She's missed so much school because she's been of with terrible morning sickness which made her dizzy and look paper white. She's been an emotional wreck. One minute she's laughing, the next she's in sobs.

'You got any names yet?' Aubrey asked. We were so far off topic, but I don't want to take the limelight from Beth and baby Bolton. Beth nodded eagerly.

'We like a few. Arabella and Daisy for a girl and we like Jude and Max for a boy. But we have loads of others and nothing is set in stone.' Beth radiated happiness, her smile shining like the sun. 'Anyway, enough about me. Time to get you and Eddie back together.' Beth said looking at me.

'So the plan is. On Friday night there's going to be a big party at a friend of a friends house. Anyone who is anyone will be there. Eden will be going, it's all she's been talking about for a few weeks and then you turned up. She made quiet an impression in school. The party is open invite. When we go home tonight Aubrey will come back with us and that's when you,' He turned to face her 'Will ask Jesse to the dance,' He jaw was tight and clenched as he spoke. 'Jesse will accept but nothing else.' He face us all again, his jaw still clenched.

'When we're at the party we'll dance and flirt - well make it look like we're flirting. If Eden makes me dance with her I'll keep looking in your direction and lovey dovey crap like that. On our way home you'll ask me to be your girlfriend, then the fun begins. Ralf is going to be staying at his mum's to give you two space at Daphne's house.' Aubrey told us in a matter-of-factly way.