𝟎𝟏𝟑. bride wannabe

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹  𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, they were like two peas in a pod, they were almost twins at this point, one mind, one heart

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, they were like two peas in a pod, they were almost twins at this point, one mind, one heart. The moment they had met, it felt like the stars had aligned, even if it was almost noon and not night. It was such a special moment, that Iris and Annabeth knew, they knew they would be best friends for as long as they lived. 

   Til Death Do Them Apart

And Iris would like to keep it that way, but not yet, no one would die yet. No one would leave her yet, even if she knew she couldn't help her. Iris wanted to have her best friend by her side, until she was eighteen, until she was fifty, until she was old enough to die.

She knew I couldn't get her out of the water, only Percy could. The sea was his advantage, not hers. It had always protected him, and Percy seem to be having the same thoughts, he took Iris by the hand — not thinking about what he was doing, propelled them forward and grabbed Annabeth's ankle. Iris could tell something had happened, the moment he touched her.

The moment Percy touched her, a shock went through his body, and he saw the Sirens the way Annabeth had been seeing them. They looked like her dad, a beautiful woman who looked a lot like her — Athena, a smiling Iris was there next to them, and next to her with one arm around her was . . . Luke. 

The whole scene glowed in a warm, buttery light, the four of them were talking and laughing, and when they saw Annabeth, their faces lit up with delight. Annabeth's mom and dad held out their arms invitingly. Iris smiled widely and waved towards her, Luke grinned and gestured for Annabeth to sit next to him as if he were still her friend. 

Behind the trees of Central Park, a city skyline rose, it was Manhattan, but not Manhattan. It had been totally rebuilt from dazzling white marble, bigger and grander than ever—with golden windows and rooftop gardens. It was better than New York. Better than Mount Olympus.