𝟎𝟏𝟏. misleading beauty

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹  𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 to complain, she wasn't one to curse out the wrongs but right now, all she wanted to do was to curse out everyone especially Percy

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 to complain, she wasn't one to curse out the wrongs but right now, all she wanted to do was to curse out everyone especially Percy. She was tired, cold, her head was hurting, she hated it, and yes, Iris was a strong person in general but sometimes she just needed some time.

Iris had never truly thought about what would happen if they did find the golden fleece, would they save Thalia's tree, would the camp be saved? Maybe Chiron would be back again. Maybe everything would be alright, after.

Iris had woken up with a headache that could kill, in a weird rowboat with a makeshift sail stitched of grey uniform fabric. Annabeth sat next to her, her eyes heavy and dark circles showing, tacking into the wind. 

She looked around, they were in the Sea of Monsters, the water glittered a more brilliant green, like Hydra acid. The wind smelled fresh and salty, but it carried a strange metallic scent, too—as if a thunderstorm were coming. She grimaced at the sight.

Percy, who was next to Iris, woke up as well and tried to sit up but immediately looked pale. Iris frowned at him. 

   "Rest," Annabeth said to him. "You're going to need it."

   "Tyson...?"

Iris knew Annabeth did not want to tell him, so Iris smiled sadly taking the burden onto herself and shook her head. "Percy, I'm really sorry."

They were silent while the waves tossed us up and down, the ocean breeze sounding everywhere. "He may have survived," she said half-heartedly. Iris was a believer, she believed that everything would be alright. He would be alright.

   "I mean, fire can't kill him."

Percy nodded. 

Annabeth's estimated that they had less than twenty-four hours to find Grover, assuming Percy's dream was accurate, and assuming the Cyclops Polyphemus didn't change his mind and try to marry Grover earlier. But Iris wasn't sure if that would be the case.