𝟎𝟏𝟎. sea catastrophe

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑬𝑵

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐓 but she was impressed

𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐓 but she was impressed. She'd never truly been more happy that somebody had saved them or maybe just interrupt the attack. She'd understood just like Annabeth, what was happening only seconds before Percy did, and to be honest he would have never thought about it until he saw the look on the girls faces.

Annabeth had yelled, "Hit the dirt!" and they all dove for the ground as an earth-shattering BOOM echoed from the river.

There was a flash of light, a column of smoke, and the Hydra exploded right in front of them, showering all of them with nasty green slime that vaporized as soon as it hit, the way monster guts tend to do.

"Gross!" screamed Annabeth.

"Shit! That's disgusting," mumbled Iris, a frown on her face as she looked around.

"Steamship!" yelled Tyson.

Percy stood, coughing from the cloud of gunpowder smoke that was rolling across the banks.

Chugging toward them down the river was the strangest ship Iris had ever seen.

It rode low in the water like a submarine, its deck plated with iron. In the middle was a trapezoid-shaped case mate with slats on each side for cannons. A flag waved from the top—a wild boar and spear on a bloodred field.

Lining the deck were zombies in grey uniforms—dead soldiers with shimmering faces that only partially covered their skulls, like the ghouls he'd seen in the Underworld guarding Hades's palace.

The ship was an ironclad. A Civil War battle cruiser. They could just make out the name along the prow in moss-covered letters: CSS Birmingham.

And standing next to the smoking cannon that had almost killed them, wearing full Greek battle
armour, was Clarisse. 

Iris smiled widen as she looked at Ares daughter, she'd never been so happy to her. Except that one time when she'd save Iris from almost drowning in the lake, Iris hadn't been watching where she was walking and almost walked straight into the lake if Clarisse wasn't there to push her away. They had laughed about it but of course the two hadn't told anyone about this incident.