Pleading the fifth.

Pleading the fifth.  Chapter 5

Mikekell called for Megalyn.  He was getting desperate to see her Towers.  Maybe just to buy a horse like hers or maybe to see what other things are to learn. 

Mikekell walked to his fathers room where he laid eating in bed. 

"I plan to go soon.  Do you need anything before I leave?"  He asked his father.

"Where you off to now, the smelly ocean?  You know I cant stand that smell."  King Johnkell blurted. 

"Actually no.  I'm heading towards a lady friend.  She wanted me to see her town and I plan on making some purchases."  He answered him.

His father laughed loudly coughing up pieces of chicken and wet bread. 

"What is so hilarious that you would risk your life over?"  Mikekell asked in disgust.

"Do you need some lady time?  Why don't you use her for what she is worth.  You don't have to spend time with them.  Move on to the next and when your'e done with all of them make your choice."  King Johnkell explained while re eating what he coughed up. 

"As lovely as that sounds and looks I must be going.  I'll be back after sundown."  Mikekell said walking away in disgust. 

Mikekell stood outside with his horse waiting for the Lady Megalyn to arrive.  He was going to try to see Tilfa after he was done with Megalyn's Tower.

On the way to the Towers Megalyn and Mikekell talked about how one should behave in their Towers.  Megalyn said as long as there was no harm no one would bother you with rules. 

Just don't steal, take, hurt other people and their things. 

Manners was very important. 

When they arrived to the first part of the Towers called Farmline Towers Mikekell didn't see much of anything. 

Unclean children and mothers. 

Soil everywhere and homes that looked so poor his family wouldn't even use it for the prisoners. 

Mikekell didn't ask much.  Megalyn told him of all presenting their jobs and place. 

Later when their horses could be placed they walked around and spoke with few people.  First was the children from before who were filthy.

"What are your names?"  Asked Mikekell.

They handed him food and a unique flower.  They then ran off.

"Well that wasn't nice at all.  Thought you said everyone was kind here?" 

"Oh but they were very kind.  This flower has something nothing in this whole Platou can give you not even the mermaids in the Ocean Towers can make this."  Megalyn explained. 

"What does it do?"  Mikekell asked looking deeply into the flower. 

"I don't know."  She said bluntly. 

Mikekell scoffed and dropped the flower on the ground.  The flower didn't make a sound but as it fell to the soil the people all stopped and gasped.  Megalyn turned around running to pick the flower up. 

"What are you doing?  This isnt a weed.  Carry this with you at all times and if you cant than hide it away.  This is worth more than your life.  Do you want it or not?"  Megalyn asked. 

"Yes I will take it and keep it safe.  What is this for?"  He asked about the food. 

"Oh that is even more powerful.  You eat it and gain strength.  If you eat allot of it you get a belly ache."  Megalyn laughed.