The doberman

There was a woman who lived in a small house in the suburb of a big city.  She was not married and lived alone, with only her big dog to keep her company.  The dog was a Doberman.

   One evening, the woman came home from work and saw her dog choking on something.  He was lying on the living room floor, gasping for air.  The woman dropped her purse and tried to clear her dog's throat, but to no avail.  Concerned about the animal's welfare, she immediately loaded her pet into the car and took it to the nearest vet's office.

   The vet immediately examined the Doberman and said that he would probably have to have an operation to remove the obstruction in the dog's trachea.  He asked the woman to go home and he would call her later to let her know how things were going.  Meanwhile the dog was still gasping for air and was getting weaker moment by moment.

   The frightened woman went straight home.  As she was closing the door behind her, she got a call on her mobile phone.  It was the vet and something seemed seriously wrong.

   "Listen carefully," she said in an instant tone.  "You need to get out of the house now. Go to your neighbor's house and wait for the police to come. I've already called them. Go now!"

   Shocked and scared, the woman, without wasting any time, ran straight out the front door.

   After some time a police car arrived with a siren.  The policemen came out and explained that they had to search the house.  They entered through the front door, drawing their guns.  The woman was speechless.  He had no idea what was happening.

   He called the vet and asked him what was going on.

   "I managed to remove the blockage in your dog's throat," he said.  "When I found out what he was choking on, I called the police. Your dog was choking on three human fingers."

   When the police searched the place, they found a masked man in the wardrobe of the woman's bedroom.  He was armed with a knife and was moaning in pain by holding his right hand.

His three fingers had been bitten by the dog.