Death can be better sometimes

One night, a teenage girl went to a nightclub with her friends.  They had a great time drinking and dancing and it was 3 o'clock when they left.  Her friends lived in the city but the girl lived in the suburbs.  He said goodbye and went back to his apartment leaving the girl to go home.  Not getting a taxi, the teenager decided to walk home on her own.

  On the way he had to pass through a park.  It was very dark and she could only hear the rumble of her heels in the night.  He thought he had seen something moving in the bushes, so he accelerated his pace.

  Suddenly, a man came from behind a bush and blocked his way.  His face was disgusting.  It looked very scary and misshapen.  He tried to run away, but he surrounded her and grabbed her by the arms.

  The frightened girl pleaded for her life and, shedding tears, asked to be let go.  The man's distorted face turned into a light grin.

  "Do you want death or a smiley face?"  He asked.

  "Please, let me go," she cried.

  "Death or smiley face," he insisted.

  The girl didn't know what he meant.  "Smiling face," she replied.

  Without saying anything, he took out his knife and slit the corners of the girl's mouth to her ears.

  Her face was completely disfigured.  She was injured for the rest of her life.  Whenever people saw her in public, they said that she has like a funny smiley face.