Chapter Nineteen

Charlotte's POV

I woke up in the same position I remember falling asleep in, wrapped in Justin's arms.

"You're awake?" he asked, his morning voice running through my ears.

I turned my head to the side, to face him, and nodded.

"Good morning." He said before pressing a kiss on my cheek.

"Good morning." I said, turning my body in his direction and snuggling into his chest. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept great." He smiled softly, his eyes looking a little tired. "How about you?"

"I did too." I said as I brought my hands to his face, gently caressing his cheek.

"I want to do this more." He said with a serious expression on his face, making me so nervous. "Sleep with you, spend the night."

"You don't like that idea." He said as he took in the look on my face.

It's not that I didn't like the idea, I wasn't completely sure how I felt about it.

"No! I just, I was just thinking."

"Thinking what?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I sighed as I shook my shoulders.

"Charlotte... be honest with me." He began, making me more nervous than before. "I want to be a 100% sure of what we're doing here."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"I just want you to tell me what you truly want, I don't know how to act around you. These past two weeks, although I've been dying to talk to you, I was not sure if you'd be okay with me reaching out, or if I was crossing any boundaries... and I have no idea how you actually feel towards me, so just be straight up with me, do you want to just keep it sexual or do you want more?" He asked.

"Do you want me to be completely honest?" I sighed, trying to cleanse myself from any anxious cell in my body.

"I'd appreciate it." He nodded.

I was pushing past my nerves, trying to ignore the hesitation in me and tell him how I felt towards him.

"I want more."

"But you're scared to be vulnerable with me. Aren't you?" He said as he reached for my hand.
"You're distant. You don't talk about anything with me... and I don't want to be pushed away again."

"Well... what do you want me to talk about?" I asked him as I watched how he was now playing with our fingers.

"A lot of things." He sighed.

"Like?" I asked, trying to make myself seem more open to him.

He stayed quiet for a minute, as if he was contemplating wether he should ask or not.
"When was the last time?" He asked.

"Of what?"

"Since you harmed yourself."
I felt my stomach drop as he asked. I can't stress how much I hate talking about this, It was the lowest point i've ever been in, and I feel embarrassed every time I have to talk about it.

"A year ago." I told him, trying to show some effort in us. "I had stopped for a while but... I guess I just got triggered." I shrugged my shoulders.