Chapter Six

Justin's POV

I stared at the screen on my phone, looking at a photo Scooter had just sent me. It was an article that said Charlotte had signed with some record label.

After I opened his message, he ended up calling me. He was pretty upset Charlotte 'rejected' him back then and now is signing with someone else. Taking it out on me, as if it was my fault.

Im just as surprised as him that shes pursuing a musical career, she left me to focus on her studies, this is the last thing I expected from her.

"Why would you reach out? She already signed with someone else." I told him. He wanted her under his management. Frankly, I did not. I did not want to have to work along her, I don't want to have to interact with her, or cross paths again.

The last time we worked together was hell, of course I am in a different state than back then. I am happily married to an amazing woman, even if i was forced to see Charlotte everyday like back then, Id never take the choices I once did. I know where my place is, next to Hailey.

However, when I ran into her two weeks ago at that hotel, something went off inside me. I couldn't stop thinking about her for days. I had to keep it to myself but, I... somewhat felt responsible for her.

I know saying goodbye was a decision made for the best, for both of us, but I just... I don't know. I cant really pin down what I felt. It was confusing.

I sighed and said "Do whatever you want Scoot, but don't bring me into it." I told him. Saying that, I ended the call.

Charlotte's POV

I watched as a countdown from one to three began on my screen, siting for instagram to go live, using my old account for the first time in a while.

I smiled as I finally went live, and watched as hundreds of people began to join me.

I was a little nervous, actually I was a lot nervous, I was scared of what the comments would be. I haven't been much on social media since all my private stuff got leak, so I haven't heard the media's opinion on my old song, or my pictures...

Before I knew it, I already had around forty thousand viewers.

"I knew she wasn't dead." I read one of the comments and let out a laugh.

They were all questioning my whereabouts these past three years. They had so many questions.

"Hey guys." I said as I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I know I have been MIA for the last... almost four years" -I laughed- "But, um... I came back. And yeah, Im willing to explain myself go all of you."

"For starters, Im really sorry I disappeared without saying anything, I know that you were expecting an album from me before I left, and I failed to deliver." "However, everyone heard the leaks, lets be honest." I giggled and proceeded to read their commments.

'We missed you!'

'We thought something bad happened to you'

'What do you think about Justin and Hailey?'

I ignored that one and continued talking.

"Anyways... I went off to college, got my bachelors degree, as some of you may know. It was quite a journey, if im being honest." I sighed. "It was very challenging but... I did it." I smiled.

"Along the way, I did have a few... realizations. I um, I dedicated all my time to my studies, they basically consumed me, and it did cost me a lot..." I said, flashbacks of Justin's and I countless of arguments appearing in my head.