Chapter Eighteen

Charlotte's POV

"I'll meet you in the lobby at 8, alright?" My mom said as she walked towards the door of my suite with me. I nodded and gave her a quick hug as I said goodbye.

Her and Tom came to visit, I had a few days before the next tour stop, so I was back in California, having some time to myself. Since Ariana was also here, her, me, tom and my mom were having dinner together.

I actually haven't seen her since I arrived, which was yesterday, and we haven't talked much since she's been spending so much time with Maejor. I was not mad about it because I understood, I remember how I used to be when Justin and I were together, he was literally the center of my attention.

Speaking of, I haven't heard from him since that day in Texas, which made me think my hypothesis about him just wanting to fuck me is true.

Honestly... I didn't mind. I had fun that day, I just don't want him saying all that romantic crap if it's not true. I don't want to give myself any ideas.

I checked the time, and it was six thirty, which meant I had an hour and a half to get ready. I have to wash my hair so I better start now, otherwise I won't have enough time to get ready.

I got in the shower, shampooed my hair, rinsed it out, and then left on my conditioner as I washed the rest of my body and shaved. After I was done with that, I finished washing my hair and hopped out the shower.

My bathroom mirrors were blurry due to the steam from the hot water, so I wiped a towel over them to be able to look at myself. I began blow drying my hair and finished it by ironing it a little.

I had half an hour left now, I already knew what to wear so I took my time prepping my skin and doing my makeup, and I was ready by eight.

"Hey!" I said as I pulled ari into a hug, feeling as if I hadn't seen her in forever. She hugged me back and greeted me as excitedly as me.

We all got into a Tom's car; my mom, him, Ariana, and me, in a safely manner. There were a few paparazzi who had found out about where I was staying, but they just took our pictures and let us go in peace.

We made it to the restaurant, where Tom had reservations for us, and got escorted to our table quickly. The waiter briefly explained the menu and then left us to take some time and decide what we were getting.

As I scanned my eyes over the menu, my phone, which was resting face up on the table, vibrated, making both me and Ariana, who was sitting next to me, look.

Justin
2 messages

I quickly grabbed it and flipped it over as I sat it on my lap, but, by the look in her face, she had already read who had texted me.

She kept staring at me with widened eyes. I gave her a look, telepathically pleading her not to say anything. I don't want my mom to find out about us, much less when we're just sleeping around and not dating.

"You girls know already what you want to get?" Tom asked, making Ariana finally break her intense stare at me.

"I think I'm gonna get the Chicken Alfredo." My mom said. "Actually... maybe i'll have the salmon."

"I'm starving, so I think we should order some appetizers ahead." Tom said as he called the waiter over with his hand.

Ariana was now concentrated in the menu, so I took the chance to see Justin's text.

Justin:
hi
can I just say something?

Charlotte:
um
what?