Chapter One

Justin's POV

"I'm glad to see you kid." "But the interviews aren't till next week, I told you to go spend time with Charlotte." Scooter said. "You gotta rest up, next week we're going with everything." he chuckled.

"I, uh... I actually wanted to talk to you about that." I said as i sucked in my cheeks and looked down at the floor.

"I don't think I'm going through with this album." I told him.

He looked at me shocked and in disbelief, as he put his hand on his hip. He stayed quiet, waiting for me to say more.

"I can't do all this right now." I shook my head.

I know myself, I'm not going to survive all the press on me, and then a new tour while i'm feeling like this. I need some time for myself.

"Justin." He sternly said as he raised an eyebrow, probably holding back the urge to scold me for this.

"Charlotte and I ended things. Definitely this time." I told him, feeling the sting on my chest form again after saying it out loud for the first time.

I hadn't told anyone about it. After leaving her place, I stayed at the house for a few days, trying to get some strength to accept what had happened, and just be able to leave.

He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I held onto him and closed my eyes tightly as I took a deep breath in.

I think they all knew this was going to happen, the distance between Charlotte and I was affecting our relationship, and everyone had noticed. It's probably why he didn't ask anything, just provided comfort, and I was thankful for it.

I didn't want to have to release something so personal and explicit about my life, specially since all i'm singing about is gone.

I pulled away from his embrace and he said, "Take some time off." "Then decide whatever you want to go through with." "And know that i'm here for you kid, alright?"

I nodded and wiped the small tears that were near the corner of my eyes.

Allison walked into his office, talking on the phone, and widened her eyes when she saw me, instantly smiling.

"I'm gonna have to call you back." She said.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she pulled me into a hug. She held me tightly and I rocked us side to side. "I thought you wanted some time off to be with Charlotte." she said as we pulled away.

I shrugged my shoulders and said "Yeah, but we kinda ended things for once and for all."

"What?" she asked.

I nodded. "We finally accepted that... we're just on two very different paths, and well... that this is not going to work."

She pressed her lips together and pulled me into another hug.

They all knew she was the center of my world, everything I did was for her, she had been the motivation for me to get better, to be a better man, the muse for my music... she was just my everything.

"You guys ended on good terms at least?" She asked with pity in her eyes.

"I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"We we're just heading out for lunch, do you want to join us?" Scooter asked.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine."