Chapter Eight

Charlotte's POV

Charlotte's POV

"Did you even want to go to school?" He asked. "You seemed happy doing music before, and while being with him." He said as he poured us another glass, this was our second bottle, which we decided to share.

I sighed and said "I don't know... It was always my plan, I just... I felt like I had to."

"I feel like you only did it for your parents." He said.

"I'm a way... yeah, but I don't regret it. Not completely." I said. "I had a lot of fun, I met a lot of great people, and I did learn a lot." I rested my back against the couch behind us as we sat on the floor and watched the room begin to spin, but I ignored it.

"But... I do regret letting him go." I said as my eyes began to water. "He just... He needed more of me, and I was still trying to get a hold of how things worked in this new world. It wasn't like high school, it was really hard... and I felt like everyone was doing better than me, and I just felt so frustrated."

"I got too frustrated, I just didn't know how to balance everything, and I got caught up and... I ended up losing him." I whispered and wiped my eyes. "Now he's married... and even though he seems so happy, and it is selfish of my part, I can't stop thinking about how it should've been me the one he ended up with. You know... he was going to propose to me, that same night I broke things off with him because of Scooter, remember?"

He nodded as he looked at me with sad eyes.

"I found out later, because of his friends. I actually... I found the ring he had bought me, it's the one she's wearing today." I said as tears silently poured my face.

"He gave the ring he bought you to her?" He asked in shock, and I nodded as my eyes kept crying.

"All those songs he released, claiming that are for 'his wife', he had already shown me them before we broke up. He even went as far as to naming one of them after her, when he had shown it to me and told me it was about me."

"It hurt so much watching him go move on with her so easily, as if nothing." "It took him two months."

"Is that why you..." he said as he looked down at my arms.

"Part of it, I guess." I said. "I just... I thought that we would find each other again, and then he completely shut off all chances of that happening."

"Even though he had every right to, it still hurt like hell, and I didn't want to talk about it, so I just cried. And then when crying wasn't enough... I turned to that."

"What made you stop?" He asked. "If you actually stopped."

"I did." I said as I wiped my eyes. "I, uh... I found out that I was pregnant." I said as I stared at the floor.

"What?" He asked in shock. "Are you being serious?"

I nodded and pushed my hair behind my ears. "I was a month long, but I lost it." I shrugged my shoulders.