Chapter Sixteen

Charlotte's POV

I took a deep breath, to let out my nerves, and proceeded to go out the door, ready to meet Justin.

Well, not entirely ready...

I was extremely nervous, I didn't know what to expect from this. We're just getting coffee, so... my mentality is to keep things as casual as possible, but I don't know how i'll react if he declares his feelings to me once again, in person. 

I kept my outfit very basic, not wanting to call the attention of anyone. I wore baggy ripped jeans and a white top, meanwhile my hair rested down my back.

Finally, I made it to the coffee shop and looked around for him as I walked towards the line.
Maybe I'm earlier than him? I sighed and looked up to read the menu, which was displayed above the cashier.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I checked what notification I had received.

Justin:
im in the booth in the back corner

"Next."

It was my turn to order, I got an iced coffee and now waited as they served it.

"Charlotte." the barista called. I smiled and went up to grab my coffee.

I spotted the booth Justin mention and walked towards it.

He stood up once he saw me, and went in for a hug as he said, "Hey."

"Hi!" I smiled as I hugged him back. It was a quick hug, but i still managed to get a hint of his amazing cologne.

We pulled away and sat in opposite sides of the booth.

"How've you been?" He asked.

"Good." I said as I smiled. "What about you?" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Good..." He smiled as he looked me up and down, "You look nervous." He chuckled.

I blew out some air and reclined my back against the booth. "Well..." I was going to say something, but couldn't come up with anything to cover for my nervousness, so I just told him straight up how I felt.

"This is just... weird." I said.

"What is?" He asked as he smiled.

"This. Just... sitting here across from you." I said as I nervously did hand gestures over the space between us.

"You could sit next to me instead." He shrugged his shoulders, attempting to crack a joke.
I playfully rolled my eyes, making him let out a small laugh.

"I'm just... not sure what I'm doing here." I said as I placed my hands on the table.

"Well..." Justin said as he reached over to my hands. "We're just old friends... catching up after a long time."

I looked down at our interlocked hands and then smiled at him. He is so handsome... his smile just charmed me, as well as the sparkle bn his hazel eyes.

"Your arm is all good now?" He asked as he played with my hands.

I nodded and said "Yeah. It's all right."

"How's your first tour doing so far? I heard it's been sold out show after sold out show."

"Yeah." I let out a deep breath, "I honestly did not expect for it to be this... I didn't expect to have so many people come." I told him.